Wizaired and Spring blockers Pt II !!!

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
JUST got back from the track and finally have some numbers and answers to the simple question of Do Spring Blockers Work?? The Short answer is a resounding HELLLL Yeah! lol
Started the night with a very lack luster 13.942 @97.95 mph with a 2.148 60ft. :rolleyes:. OK Wasnt stellar or impressive and got spanked by some 12 sec fox body old school 5.0 mustang BUT what got me thinking was, even when i felt my burnout was WAAY too conservative from the rear tires being dragged thru the waterbox and cut short any chance of a nice smokey burnout ...I rolled out of the lights at only 1500rpm and only flooring it when i felt comfortable the car HOOKED without so much as a chirp or hiss and pulled ahead like a rocket! :eek:. THAT told me i could try launching harder at higher RPMs!

1600rpm and only got a 2.114 60ft... better but it STILL felt i was babying the car to WOT off the line.
1800rpm launch less than a second to WOT 13.795 @98.31 --->2.056 60ft! NOW we're getting somewhere...
2000rpm launch with even quicker WOT 13.571 @98.90 ----> 1.953 60ft!!!!:biggrin:!!! FINALLY! Even broke ALL my previous bests with this wrong wheel drive car!
Final call for sportsman and last try to see if i can squeak out a little more WOT right off the footbrake ...
2200rpm and just about Floor if off the line almost as if i had my T-type and it HOOKS harder than ever after the smokey burnout! 13.571 @98.50 (Bracket racing anyone?;)) --------> 1.917 60ft!!!! :cool:

With my rpm sweetspot discovered i STILL feel i could have actually STOMPED it off the line and got a decent 1.8xx 60ft :mad: but the more i look at the ET and mph the more it seems my combo was maxed out for a 62 degree night . Guess its time to get rid of that factory resonator and look into the 1.9 rockers if i want any real improvements in MPH without going too crazy with other add-ons like cam/genV/ ported parts etc etc. Even with the red poly gto spring blockers installed my friend said the bumper STILL looked like it wanted to kiss the floor on launch (just not as badly as before)...but to those who have doubts about the spring blockers... Dooo eeeet! :)

little fun facts.
255/50/16 Toyo proxes TQ draga radial at 16psi
buick chrome regal GS rims.
red poly rubber spring blockers off newer pontiac GTOs (picture provided in previous thread by the Master Murphinator) that dealership delivery truckers use. one per spring.

Hope this helps the 3800 community .... OH and we weighed the car! 3525lbs. with 1/4 gas and a few track essentials still in the car (helmet, air compressor, cooler with ice and drinks! lol) no driver, jack, or tire. Door sticker said 4550! HA! :tongue:

I was reading in disbelief until i got to the toyo dr's , your the second gs having real good luck on those.

the track I race at always has traction issues on street night , even with hoosier dr's cable mod , and blockers my 13.5's on my DD are on 103-104 mph traps - you have that combo working very efficiently nice job :cool:

The track that was once called Moroso here is now called Palm beach international raceway "PBIR" and when things go wrong you see the ppl there react really nicely as they recondition the track... my friend and i were wringing our hands with glee as we watched them laying down a new layer of track prep! Humidity is a killer here tho...but kinda figure a nice SMOKEY burnout puts more cards in your favor than nature has to offer against you. ;) We even ran into rain on our way home and the car was happy without us screaming in the car at standing water spots at 70mph lol.

I used to get 1.9's with the stock Goodyears with my old GTP. I found leaving with acouple lbs of boost and rolling into the gas worked great. With a totally stock car with only the headlight removed and icing down the supercharger, I went 14.19@94 with a 1.89 60'. Ofcourse adding a 3.25 pulley made launching tricky. The car went 13.3x@99.x with a best mph of 101, but couldn't get the 60' back. I never ran drag radials, always had the stock tires.

The sticker in the door jamb is not the weight of the car, it is the weight of the car loaded with 5 passengers