Wix Racing filter, what part number?

Whut

Addicted to Boost!
I did a search and came up empty so I thought I would ask.

When I got my turbo saver years back it had a Wix Racing filter with it that did not have a bypass in it. I would like to run this filter instead of the Wix 51049 I (and a lot of others) run now. When I go to their site none of the dimensions for the racing filters match the normal 51049 dimensions.

Does anyone know the Wix part number for the racing filter that can be run with the PTE turbo saver?

Thanks.

I think the closest is the 51061R. Just be careful running a racing filter on the street. The racing filters filter less to increase the flow which makes you do frequent oil changes.

WIX Filters : Filter Look-Up

On a side note, you should've been using AC Delco 1218, WIX 51060 (WIX51060R-racing). All these filters have a anti-drain back valve which you shouldn't need if the filter is hanging down. The part number at the begining has NO anti-drain back valve. All the WIX filters posted have no bypass valve.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks, and yeah, I know about the more oil changes. I change my oil after every race and pretty much once a month if not racing. I really do not drive this car on the street much and hopefully soon I will have times worth putting a cage in. Then it will be driven on the street even less.

Thanks again. :cool:

I use the Baldwin B7 filter on mine. Holds almost two qts. Change the oil about twice a year. ;)