Witness a ricer lose control and wipe out after I laid the smack down on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Miguel does have a point. And I agree, if you street race, be careful.

But what Miguel did that really pissed me off was lumping me in the same category as that ricer.

I street raced, but I know my limitations. I only punched it when the road ahead was clear. I didn't make any abrupt or dangerous lane changes. I did cut in front of the ricer, but only after I had plenty of room to do so. And I was pulling away from him so he didn't have to hit his brakes. Then as we got close to the traffic, I let up. That's when he whipped it over onto the shoulder from the left lane.

Even if it was a Mustang, Corvette, or Turbo Regal, anybody who gets right on my bumper will really piss me off. Had he turned off, I would have followed him and had a little "chat" with him when he stopped.

No, I didn't hope he was killed. But I would have liked to said to him that I was sorry he survived - just to piss him off. And I would have liked to have laughed right in his face. I don't feel sorry for him one bit. But I do hope his car is totalled, and that his insurance company drops him, and that he has big fines to pay, and that he loses his license. But not because he's jut another typical idiot ricer (although being a ricer doesn't help). But because of his exceedingly foolish behaviour; his wanton and reckless disregard for safety - especially that of those around him.

Lets not be Testy :D

Lyonsd,

Hey guy I think you did the right thing in reacting the way you did, I don't think anyone no matter what kind of car they're driving "enjoys" being cut-off...That can piss anyone off. I also feel that if not most some GN owners buy there cars to become street demons per say but given the situation you found yourself in I think you did the right thing. Their's always gonna be somebody that doesn't agree and thats ok ya know. The ricer was the one clowning and driving all wild according to your story so I don't see what the big deal is about? Again dude you drove with a sense of responsibility so whatever to anyone who thinks you did not......

There must be union among all members of the Dark Side...No infighting will be tolerated, allowed or accepted..:D :D

Peace,

Todd

All I said was that I do not think what was done is safe.

I will say it in this forum or any other whether you like it or not.

I think street racing is childish and IRRESPONSIBLE and NO I do not street race.

How can you say how safe he was driving when his OWN STATEMENT says "I CUT HIS ASS OFF"

Fun is fun, this to me seemed like it was on the verge of being very dangerous. This was not a test of speed in a wide open unoccupied area, obviously from his own words in the story.

So if you would like to be a 5 year old and call me names because I think people should be a bit more safe out there, go right ahead... so much for you and your fast with class saying. Did I resort to baby name calling? No.. why? I'm not a baby.

This is ludicrous to even think that you would want to say something bad about me, someone who only wants people to be safer out there. Racing is meant for the TRACK, that is why it is ILLEGAL. PERIOD.

Like I said, I have my opinions and I will speak them.

I never said the dude was a bad guy or I hate his car or anything else. I just said he should be more careful. I mean after all, do any of you really need to show some silly punk kid that your GN is faster than their rice machine? I don't even get it. Bragging about beating 100 HP cars... pretty much all I see from many of you.

I have met quite a few of you guys here on this board. I have much respect for them. Most of them I have met at the TRACK. Maybe the other half of you should spend the few bucks and make a day of it at the track instead of looking for 4 cylinders to squash on the streets our mothers, wifes and children drive on.

Miguel

Originally posted by IBBAKAGEN
I never said the dude was a bad guy or I hate his car or anything else. I just said he should be more careful. I mean after all, do any of you really need to show some silly punk kid that your GN is faster than their rice machine? I don't even get it. Bragging about beating 100 HP cars... pretty much all I see from many of you.

My car is too slow to beat anything except ricers. But I wasn't bragging about it. I was just attempting to post a story to illustrate the stupidity of your average run-of-the-mill ricer.

Look, I was as careful as I could have possibly been. I was well ahead of the guy when I "cut him off". He was in the left, I was in the right. All I did was move into the left ahead of him. Before we caught up to traffic, I slowed down. Stop trying to make it sound like it was worse than it really was.

Now here's an update if you haven't checked out the newcelica.org thread:

"Simkin" was the user name of the Red Ricer (and SIMKIN was also on his tags). He admitted that our "race" had nothing to do with his accident. And he did indeed hit the SUV in front of him. He said he swerved to miss it and "clipped" it, which caused him to lose control.

He had some other BS like saying I wouldn't let him move over or something. And he said he wasn't racing. :rolleyes:

And get this: he only got a ticket for following too closely. :mad: I'm tempted to contact the police and tell them what really happened.

He drove his car home. So I guess it didn't get too messed up.

I don't see where I am trying to make it sound worse than how you told it but, hey... I wasn't there.. all I have to go on is YOUR words, and in YOUR words it sounded a little too dangerous to me IN MY OPINION. Like I said, I wasn't there and if you say you were safe, then that is a good thing. I hope all people that risk others lives on the streets racing are as careful as you.

Sorry, I am not a member of the Celica board.. I'm not about to sign up either just to hear another street racers side of the story.

Let me say this though..... Had you not "played" with the ricer, he probably would not have driven so stupidly. Although you may be careful and experienced, your actions may cause others to make decisions that are not so rational, which can cause injury or death to you, him and other people that were not even involved. In the end... the story you told IMO is exactly how people get hurt.

If it is so terrible for me to give a damn about people then I humbly apologize for my behavior.

I really don't want to argue with you about this and I have already said what I feel. You will only do what you want to do so, I am done with this thread.

Miguel

Originally posted by Men in Black
ENOUGH, already.

Why? Because my responses are not what you want to hear? I'm sorry but, too bad.

Also.... I went to your Celica site you posted... and....

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

YOU HAD A KID IN THE CAR??!!!

i was there too. if i remember correctly, lyonsd had a kid in the car with him. the actions by both drivers were stupid, i hope a lesson was learned.

Dude, please just don't even begin to explain this one. I don't give a crap how safe you are, you DO NOT play around with a kid in the car.

To any of you guys that want to defend him now... You are just as irresponsible as he is for regarding it as nothing!

Man, is this really what a car enthusist is like today? UNREAL, that is all I have to say. This coming from an IMPORT OWNER who cares.

Miguel

My kid rides with me in one of my TR's all the time. If some type of ricemobile wanted to race me, pressing the accellerator for a few seconds and turning into a speck is way less dangerous than a clueless teenager in a cobbled together ricemobile passing people in the gravel.

The wreck had nothing to do with the "race". It had everything to do with the ricer being an idiot.

I think the "enough already" was not a phrase aimed at a particular person, but just a general assessment of the arguement.

I can personally identify with Lyonsd in this encounter, though. I am from S. Florida, where the roads are often wide and straight for miles. I've had plenty of street races. It happens. You do some things to try to stay "safe," like only race away from traffic. I always shut it down between 60-70 as well, since from a dead stop it's more or less over by then anyway.

But, and you know this happens, every once in a while some fool will be obviously beat and keep in it long after you've pulled out and tapped your brake lights. This idiot will invariable show his a$$ by flying into traffic ahead.

Those fools just don't understand physics. They usually drive ricey cars too. They make everyone look bad.

Listen guys, I am a car guy myself so of course I can understand some fun. I just don't really agree with racing in populated streets. I am sorry if I come off harsh but, the outcome of a street race can be much worse as I am sure all of you know.

I TOTALLY disagree about the kid thing...

If you want to willingly put YOUR life in your hands then so be it but, to put a child who cannot tell you to stop and let him out is wrong. I think if you are going to take chances do it alone.

Also, while we are at it.... it really isn't right to classify import drivers as "bad driver's". MOST are not. Maybe some of the younger "ricer" crowd are but hey, guess what... Kids in Mustangs, Camaros, TransAms and all the like drive just the same. Kids are kids and they do stupid things. I see it all day long where I live. My job requires alot of "road" work so I see plenty of it. It comes in ALL shapes and sizes people.

In short, I am NOT trying to start with or be harsh to anyone. I am just stating my opinions on this subject. After all, that is what a message board is for.

Miguel

All I said was that I do not think what was done is safe.

I will say it in this forum or any other whether you like it or not.

I think street racing is childish and IRRESPONSIBLE and NO I do not street race.

How can you say how safe he was driving when his OWN STATEMENT says "I CUT HIS ASS OFF"

Fun is fun, this to me seemed like it was on the verge of being very dangerous. This was not a test of speed in a wide open unoccupied area, obviously from his own words in the story.

So if you would like to be a 5 year old and call me names because I think people should be a bit more safe out there, go right ahead... so much for you and your fast with class saying. Did I resort to baby name calling? No.. why? I'm not a baby.

This is ludicrous to even think that you would want to say something bad about me, someone who only wants people to be safer out there. Racing is meant for the TRACK, that is why it is ILLEGAL. PERIOD.

Like I said, I have my opinions and I will speak them.

I have met quite a few of you guys here on this board. I have much respect for them. Most of them I have met at the TRACK. Maybe the other half of you should spend the few bucks and make a day of it at the track instead of looking for 4 cylinders to squash on the streets our mothers, wifes and children drive on.

Miguel

LOL. Miguel, do I have to dig around and find your post where you raced your brother's GN on the freeway? I think the word hypocrite was already mentioned.

I see nothing wrong with what Lyonsd did. Nothing wrong with mashing the gas for a few seconds with a clear road. I had a similar experience so now I mostly go after the older people since they are far less likely to do stupid stuff. It made the think that if someone got killed and I was racing at one point even though I let off the gas a mile back I would most likely spend a long time in jail.

Ok... now it's open free road he was driving on... LOL You guys will say anything to avoid the obvious... whatever. Did you read before or AFTER he edited out how he was playing with them and jamming the brakes on em. Or after he says he cut them off? Or after he edited how he drove around hoping they were dead, so he could laugh?? Can you actually tell me that this is safe? Please... only reason people stick up for this guy is because of what kind of car he drives.... pathetic.

Dig all you like... there is a big difference between hitting the gas for 5 seconds on an empty freeway in the middle of the night with your BROTHER than, racing some unknown dude, who could be a psychopath on a road that obviously has many cars on it with a CHILD in your car..... OK I see the similarities.

Like I said, I am all for a little fun. This was IMO beyond a little fun. So you can go on and continue to stick up for bad decisions all you like just because of the kind of car this guy drives.... REDICULOUS

Bottom line is, it was stupid and dangerous on both parts. PERIOD. maybe YOU should look at what you are defending. Maybe if it was a family member of yours that happened to get hurt from this display of awesome road domination against the ricers, you would not be defending him.

Think about it because it could happen. It happens ALL the time.

cool84... I am glad that you realized what could happen. Not only could you go to jail but, innocent people could get hurt. Well anyway... good for you. It sounds like you are more careful.

Miguel

Let me say this though..... Had you not "played" with the ricer, he probably would not have driven so stupidly. Although you may be careful and experienced, your actions may cause others to make decisions that are not so rational, which can cause injury or death to you, him and other people that were not even involved. In the end... the story you told IMO is exactly how people get hurt.

He was driving like an idiot before he even reached me. I don't know how fast he was going, but one second he was a speck in the rear view, and the next he was glued to my bumper. After I tapped the brakes, he swerved over into the right lane.

I've been talking to his friends in the Celica. Here's what one for htem said:

hey, my name is cody and i was the driver of the black (actually its really dark blue) celica...the guy in the civic has been known to drive crazy way more than he should and i've told him before he should be careful before he hurts himself real bad one day. i'm not sure if you were "edging him on" like some people said, and it's not really my business, but hopefully you weren't (im not trying to blame you or anything). i don't really have that much to say but hopefully that will calm him down from driving aggressively on the street.

Evidently, the Red Ricer is a habitual reckless driver.

So don't even try to place any of the blame on me for what he did.

I really don't want to argue with you about this and I have already said what I feel. You will only do what you want to do so, I am done with this thread.

Liar.

YOU HAD A KID IN THE CAR??!!!

Dude, please just don't even begin to explain this one. I don't give a crap how safe you are, you DO NOT play around with a kid in the car.

Yep. And I took him down the 1/4-mile with me at the track, too.

His words regarding the ricer when he wrecked: "Man, he's stupid!" and "Why did he do that?"

Also, while we are at it.... it really isn't right to classify import drivers as "bad driver's". MOST are not. Maybe some of the younger "ricer" crowd are but hey, guess what... Kids in Mustangs, Camaros, TransAms and all the like drive just the same. Kids are kids and they do stupid things. I see it all day long where I live. My job requires alot of "road" work so I see plenty of it. It comes in ALL shapes and sizes people.

I drove down to Reynolds with a group of Fords (Mustangs and a Focus). We only saw once ricer on the way down there. The traffic was heavy, too. And this ricer came up from behind, constantly changed lanes, and sped past everybody.

Maybe most import drivers aren't "bad drivers". But anecdotal evidence suggests that most ricers are bad drivers.

Next time you go out on the highway and see that one car speeding and weaving through traffic, I'd bet 9 out of 10 times it'll be a ricer.

Ok... now it's open free road he was driving on... LOL You guys will say anything to avoid the obvious... whatever.

Yes. It was clear when I mashed the gas. The only other car near me was the ricer. Don't try to change the facts. You weren't there.

Did you read before or AFTER he edited out how he was playing with them and jamming the brakes on em. Or after he says he cut them off? Or after he edited how he drove around hoping they were dead, so he could laugh?? Can you actually tell me that this is safe?

WTF are you talking about? I never stated I jammed the brakes on. When he first tailgated me I said I hit the brakes, but it was just a tap to get hiim to back off. The only thing I edit my posts for is to correct spelling, grammar or punctuation error or add additional data.

And we've already been through the "cut him off" thing.

And I explained the "dead" thing too. Good grief, you keep bringing up things that are irrelevent.

Stop trying to make this out to be worse than what really happened. Stop trying to demonize me.

Please... only reason people stick up for this guy is because of what kind of car he drives.... pathetic.

No, I don't think that's it at all. If it were me in the GN doing what the Red Ricer did, and him doing what I did, I'd probably have to leave the board in shame because of the criticism I'd get.

They're just not buying your attempts to judge me as a reckless and careless driver. They're not buying into your nonsense to try to make me the guilty party in the Red Ricer's wreck. They're more open-minded and not as judgemental as you.

Is that the reason you're doing this - because of the car I drive vs. the car Simkin was in?

Like I said, I am all for a little fun. This was IMO beyond a little fun. So you can go on and continue to stick up for bad decisions all you like just because of the kind of car this guy drives.... REDICULOUS

First off you were bashing street racing, and now you're saying you're all for a little fun? You are inconsistent. Funny how you change your tune when the truth comes out.

I don't think the type of cars involved matter to anybody else but you. If I was in a Civic and Simkin was in a domestic and the same thing happened, I doubt very much you'd be so judgemental.

Bottom line is, it was stupid and dangerous on both parts. PERIOD. maybe YOU should look at what you are defending. Maybe if it was a family member of yours that happened to get hurt from this display of awesome road domination against the ricers, you would not be defending him.

Street racing is always stupid and dangerous. So is mountain climbing. So is bungee jumping. So is smoking. So is eating at McDonald's.

Taking risks is what adds some spice to life. But a man's got to know his limitations. I knew mine. I knew when to quit. I knew when to hit the gas and when to let up. The Red Ricer didn't.

Consider this: the Ricer's view.

I was running northbound on I-985 in my Civic. I don't know how fast I was going - maybe 115? Anyway, there's this boxy black car in my lane going around another slower car. So I get as close as I can to his rear bumper. His brake lights come on but we were already ahead of the car in the right lane, so I swerve over to the right quickly. I know I can handle it in my mad-handling Civic - yo. The road ahead is clear (not that it'd matter to me) Now I'll show this dude in his grandma's car what's up.

My car must not be running right because he starts to pass me. Or maybe he's got nitrous. Anyway, he passes me and when he gets ahead, he moves over into my lane (the right lane) in front of me and slows down! The bastard! So I jerk it into the left lane and this time I'll get him. He's probably out of nitrous now.

Nope, he's passing me again. Damn it, he's ahead and moving into the left lane in front of me. Curses! Foiled again! We're approaching some cars in that are in the right lane. He's slowing down. Damn it, now I'll be stuck behind him.

But wait, I have a mad-handling Civic. I'll whip it onto the shoulder and get ahead of him. He can't beat me.

Hahahaha!! He's way back there now with that group of cars. I'll put some distance on him now. His bottle must really be empty this time, or maybe he's just chicken.

Damn it, more traffic up ahead. He's sure to catch me now. Damn this SUV!! :mad: MOVE, YOU IDIOT!

Uh oh, going to fast...come on brakes, do your stuff. Gotta get around him, onto the shoulder again! *crash* Uh oh. Damn, I'm going into a skid! In the grass! I can recover; I'm an excellent race car driver! Ooops, over corrected, skidding the other direction! Oh no, I'm heading into the middle of the freeway! damn, here comes the dude in his grandma's car! He's going to hit me!! Whew! He missed me! I hope none of the other cars hit me! I'm headed towards the median! Well, at least I'm out of the road. Damn, the cops are going to haul me off to jail!

Well, the cops showed up. I gave them this BS line about there being glare from the SUV's bumper and I couldn't see that he was braking. He bought it! I only got a ticket for following too closely!

He who lies to the cops today
is free and clear to wreak havoc on the freeways another day!

I was on my way home from Reynolds that afternoon when I saw examples of what I'll call "Poor driving decisions by ricers"

It is a 4 lane road with a speed limit of 45 mph in Byron Ga. I look in my rear view mirror and see a blue Civic, and white Rx-7 side by side and coming fast. I stay in the right lane and these guys pass me doing at least 80mph..... In the city limits with traffic around. These dummies could have easily taken someone out if they had moved to the left lane.

I saw both these cars at the track. The blue Honda turned a high 15, and the Rx-7 didn't race...Due to fear he would blow his fart can up!! Why they took the race to a crowded city street shows very poor decision making. I guess they were so upset from being slapped around and called "Alice" at the track that they had to do a Ricer fly-by!!

If that blue Civic was the same one I saw at the track, a Si with chinese letters on it, it only went 16s when I ran him. Maybe he turned on the "naws" to get that 15.

That was the same one Dave. After they pulled their in town race, the blue civic and the red Acura that a girl was driving followed me up the interstate to Macon. His car probably turned a 16...I kind of lost interest in watching them after the Buicks were through the traps, and the rice was at mid track!!!!;)

Ok... now it's open free road he was driving on... LOL You guys will say anything to avoid the obvious... whatever. Did you read before or AFTER he edited out how he was playing with them and jamming the brakes on em. Or after he says he cut them off? Or after he edited how he drove around hoping they were dead, so he could laugh?? Can you actually tell me that this is safe? Please... only reason people stick up for this guy is because of what kind of car he drives.... pathetic.

Dig all you like... there is a big difference between hitting the gas for 5 seconds on an empty freeway in the middle of the night with your BROTHER than, racing some unknown dude, who could be a psychopath on a road that obviously has many cars on it with a CHILD in your car..... OK I see the similarities.

Think about it because it could happen. It happens ALL the time.

Miguel

:rolleyes: ....yawn. It's May 21st, 2002 and here were are getting lectured about safety on the streets by a Ricer on tb.com. Whats this world coming too??:confused: :eek:

This clown is lucky I'm not a moderator, if i was, he would be long gone. If I was you guys, I would ignore his post on any topic including this one. He belongs over @civic.retard.getalife.im-a-homo-internet-cop-wannabee.com......

Last post..
Shoebox

Status
Not open for further replies.