Wish Me Luck

If he'd be willing to go for the tests, it would be great. Puts you in a hard position 'cause you don't want to have to ask... it'd be best if he'd volunteer for it. They do plenty of tests to make sure that the donation wouldn't be harmful for either one of you, I think it took about 10 months for all the testing prior to the surgery.

Heres the little guy at a Wizzards training camp. I am just not sure if our organs would be compatible? I will ask the doc and see his opinion

Attachments

• andy.jpg
    andy.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 89
  • andy1.jpg
    andy1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 90
Oh, was going to ask you, do they have you on prednisone? (Sp?) My mother was on that steroid for years, and now she's diabetic because of it.

Well, he's certainly not a little guy is he:eek:
haha, I could kick his a** tho :D Bahaha! He's a good guy tho, he would help out if it ends up being possible. I am not on that drug but I have had numerous types of very strong drugs my last round

I wish you all the best Justin. I'll be doing somethng simular in the next week. Got a hernia and need to take care of it.:frown: I'll be watching to see how you come out and hope I do as well as you do.:cool:

Charlie, and this is from a guy with wholesome experience the hard way...with today's advance in medicines and surgical procedures, you won't have any problem at all, I can almost guarentee that....you'll probably be able to go home in about one or two days. I've been told that some surgeons don't even have to open you up, they just go in through a little cut with a camera.

With me, back in '66, I got a hernia on my left side from carrying my "heavy" Fender Bandmaster Cabinet to and from jobs after schools and weekends. 22 February '66. Took me two months in the hospital, I had relapses after relapses. Real bad. Set me back quite a bit in high school, and since this was my second serious operation that year, I had to stay an extra year, for '67 to make up for the time I missed. I almost died in the biginning of '66 for having my appendix burst in Biology class, and the damn teacher, who hated me with a passion because I was "different" (I wore a big hearing aid, and I had a sense of humor) she kept me in class in a back room as I was doubled over in pain until she completely checked out my notebook....she knew I was suffering bad but it was her chance to be a bitch. I don't remember what happened next except waking up in the hospital after some seniors dragged me down the hallway, barley conscious. I was supposed to have died, two days later, according to the doctor who told my Mom, but I didn't.

Then in the month of February on the 22 in '67, I got another hernia, this time on the right side from ice skating on the Choptank River in front of my Grandmom's house in Preston, Md. Boy, did it hurt! And I had to drive all the way back home to get to the hospital, a 2 1/2 hour trip. One of the most painful trips I've ever made.

Same doctor, same room, but bed "B" this time, instead of "A". Same date. This operation kept me out for about 2 1/2 months, due to more complications. Don't ask me what they were, I just did very bad recovering.
This time missed in school set me back so I had to attend summer school in '67 when I finally got my high school diploma.

All three times in the hospital after serious setbacks, I almost never made it out. It was a very bad time for me, and a very learning experience.

With this in mind, EVERYONE I've talked to in the present who've had hernias have not experienced one problem at all....they go on and on how simple procedure it was. Some had some slight pain, some left the same day as the operation, some had barely any pain at all...they just all made a speedy recovery.

So, Charlie, don't even give a worrysome thought. You'll be just fine. Only thing you have to really make sure is to read the surgeon's name tag.....if it doesn't say, "Ripper, Dr. Jack" you'll come out with flying colors.

You've now reached the end of "Urie's continuing Blab Channel."

Good luck, you'll be OK.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey, thanks alot everyone! I get some time here with my laptop so I can post a little. I have to watch the parts f s section ;) Bruce, you have to be one of the nicest guys on earth, I barely know you but I can assure you that if you ever needed anything on that car of your fathers I have it or would find it and I will make sure you get it how you want it.
You guys are the best here! We have our "bad apples" but the truth of it is there is still a ton of just good ol guys and gals here! These next few months are gonna be rough for me, I have fought this battle before....I will fight it again. Thanks so much to all of you. Especially Ty, I appreciate you taking the time away from Bella the goat to post that warm message :D Jkjk, seriously, thanks bud! You are good in my book! Kristyna, well....you know....I gotta go, been longer than 2 seconds ;)

Justin, I appreciate the kind words, very nice to hear...thank you kindly.
And your offer to help, thank you very much. I'll keep that in mind.

You just concentrate on getting well, doing your best, and follow all the rules the doctor will give you. You'll do alright. Life can really be rough sometimes, but you always have to face what is given to you and do your best to survive. I admire your positive attitude...this goes a long way to a healthy recovery.

Remember this little line...."God doesn't give you more than you can handle, He helps you handle what you are given." Think hard about that.

If you'd like, I'd be glad to save the kidney from our Thanksgiving turkey for you....would this be helpful?:rolleyes: What side do you need? :eek:

And if the doctor needs an assistant to operate on you, please tell him I'd be glad to help....I have a nice set of Snap-On, Craftsman tools for every job!:tongue: I'll give him my phone number if he wants it. Always glad to help a buddy.

Hang in there! And thanks. Prayers sent your way. Don't duck.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Charlie, and this is from a guy with wholesome experience the hard way...with today's advance in medicines and surgical procedures, you won't have any problem at all, I can almost guarentee that....you'll probably be able to go home in about one or two days. I've been told that some surgeons don't even have to open you up, they just go in through a little cut with a camera.

With me, back in '66, I got a hernia on my left side from carrying my "heavy" Fender Bandmaster Cabinet to and from jobs after schools and weekends. 22 February '66. Took me two months in the hospital, I had relapses after relapses. Real bad. Set me back quite a bit in high school, and since this was my second serious operation that year, I had to stay an extra year, for '67 to make up for the time I missed. I almost died in the biginning of '66 for having my appendix burst in Biology class, and the damn teacher, who hated me with a passion because I was "different" (I wore a big hearing aid, and I had a sense of humor) she kept me in class in a back room as I was doubled over in pain until she completely checked out my notebook....she knew I was suffering bad but it was her chance to be a bitch. I don't remember what happened next except waking up in the hospital after some seniors dragged me down the hallway, barley conscious. I was supposed to have died, two days later, according to the doctor who told my Mom, but I didn't.

Then in the month of February on the 22 in '67, I got another hernia, this time on the right side from ice skating on the Choptank River in front of my Grandmom's house in Preston, Md. Boy, did it hurt! And I had to drive all the way back home to get to the hospital, a 2 1/2 hour trip. One of the most painful trips I've ever made.

Same doctor, same room, but bed "B" this time, instead of "A". Same date. This operation kept me out for about 2 1/2 months, due to more complications. Don't ask me what they were, I just did very bad recovering.
This time missed in school set me back so I had to attend summer school in '67 when I finally got my high school diploma.

All three times in the hospital after serious setbacks, I almost never made it out. It was a very bad time for me, and a very learning experience.

With this in mind, EVERYONE I've talked to in the present who've had hernias have not experienced one problem at all....they go on and on how simple procedure it was. Some had some slight pain, some left the same day as the operation, some had barely any pain at all...they just all made a speedy recovery.

So, Charlie, don't even give a worrysome thought. You'll be just fine. Only thing you have to really make sure is to read the surgeon's name tag.....if it doesn't say, "Ripper, Dr. Jack" you'll come out with flying colors.

You've now reached the end of "Urie's continuing Blab Channel."

Good luck, you'll be OK.

Bruce '87 Grand National

:eek::eek::eek: Sounds like me when I had an issue with my apendix Bruce.:biggrin: It burst just as my intestins were taken out of me. Took several months to recover from that. I know it won't be that much of an issue now but the cash is the thing that hurts right now.:frown: My job offers insurance but at the rate they pay I honestly can't afford it.:mad:

Sorry about the hijack Justin and I do hope you are around for a while bud.:biggrin: