Wiring Lonnie's Elec T-brake into brake switch, which wire?

russgoodman

I'll be making a mad dash this week installing my stage 2 trans from Lonnie for the Buick-Ford Shootout next Sat. So I'm trying to get my ducks all lined up prior so I won't be wasting any time. Lonnie said I would have to wire into the brake switch so when I apply the brakes and put the car in reverse it will increase the line pressure so I dont burn anything up in the trans. For you guys that have done this, which wire do I need to tap into? I assume its at the white plastic brake switch. Thanks!

OK, per Lonnie's install directions on his website - "Tip - Hook the reverse lights on the car to the transbrake. When the shifter lever is moved to the reverse position the brake will activate to raise line pressure."

So which wire/where do I tap into to get the reverse lights?

Did a little more searching and came up with this:

Reverse Lights LIGHT GREEN (+) AT GEAR SELECT SWITCH

I think thats the half moon switch near the base of the column. I will check that out when I get some time. If I'm wrong someone let me know please.

wow, i will have to contact lonnie. i have had his brake for sometime now and he didn't say anything about wiring the brake into the reverse light switch. humm. increasing line pressure.

edit, just sent lonnie a message. i will wire it up next time out to arizona

Yeah Ive thought about just using the button, but was afraid Id forget it. Lonnie told me you could back up without it on level ground but its bad on the clutches I think. Said it wouldnt back uphill without the increased pressure. I may just run it off the button for now since I will be pressed for time