Wiring help for alky

TR87386

I am 95% done the install for my kit from Razor. My question is on the 6 wire weather pack connector, what is the small red wire coming from the PAC controller supposed to be connected to? I have gone thru the directions 10 times and can't figure it out??? This connector has the green wire= MAP connection the orange/brown turn on LED, the violet/gray (not used on my application) what about the red wire? Thanks as always guys.

Double check your instructions again....they are pretty specific with the wiring. I believe mine even came with a wiring diagram. The remote controller needs power somehow...so if I remember correctly the red wire may connect to that. I`ll grab my instructions out of my car and check for you. I just did mine a month ago. Good luck with this system. And be patient.

Red wire...if its the one with the 15amp fuse, needs to go to a 12v power source. According to my diagram.

If it is the red wire with the spade connector, plug it in the fuse box acc. slot. If not once you have your green map wire soldered. You are only going to have 3 red wires one for the turn on led, one for the power injection and the pump red wire that goes to into the large weather pac with the 3 wires. All 3 of these go to one spade terminal. Those are the only 3 red wires you should of had to mess with. HTH.

here is a pic of the connector in question showing the red wire. This plugs into the PAC all of the other wires are addressed in the instructions. Anyone? Razor you out there?

That is an "extra" red wire added to assist with multiple taps. Meaning you can use it to power the "Low Level LED Red" and or the power injection bulb so a bunch of wires are not jumbled up together.

If you got an Ohmeter and did a continuity check.. it will show a short between it and the Pump Ref and Main red. They all go to the same point inside the box.

This is something new on the controllers, and was done to assist with the install.

Great, this is what I was looking for. So if I already have the 3 red wires tied in per the install instructions this wire is not used in my aplication. OH man I can't wait to get this going. :biggrin: Thanks for the clarifacation, not the best with electronics and have fryed stuff in the past, wanted to be sure.

Great, this is what I was looking for. So if I already have the 3 red wires tied in per the install instructions this wire is not used in my aplication. OH man I can't wait to get this going. :biggrin: Thanks for the clarifacation, not the best with electronics and have fryed stuff in the past, wanted to be sure.

Your fine, leave it unhooked.. make sure it taped up and out of the way so it doesnt touch exposed metal.