Wiring harness questions

Donniejr81

I am converting a 1985 Regal that was originally 3.8NA to a hot air drivetrain out of an 84GN. My question is do I need the dash harness that runs down to the fuse block? I have the ECM, engine sensor harness coming from the ECM, and the harness that plugs into the cluster plug on the firewall under the wiper motor. I'm new to turbo buicks and am not sure what I'd have to do to get this thing to run. My problem is I do not have the dash harness, but I could run a few extra wires in the dash if I need to. Any input??

You'll have to look at a service manual and look at the connector that plugs into the pcm from the underdash harness. Some of the wires are pinned differently and you will most likely have to add some wires as well into the connector. I have an 85 service manual, but I am in the middle of something else right now trying to work on an 03 Lincoln LS.

Cool thanks. If you could scan and post the page with the connector diagram sometime when you get a chance that would be awesome. Thanks again.

I did it myself to my 78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe, but I had the under dash harness from the 85 GN. For my current project, I found someone else to do the harness up for me. Howell EFI will take any GM computer controlled harness and cut it down, label it, and reloom it for right about $400. It was the best 400 bucks I ever spent.