Wiring for headlight switch?

boosted231

Does anyone know what the wiring diagram for the headlight switch is supposed to look like? Last night I let my son drive my GN to his Jiu Jitsu class and on the way home he was pulled over by one of our fine local police Officers which decided to search him for drugs.
Well since she did not find any drugs on him she then went straight to my GN and tore the side of my console out (it is ruined), cut my visors open, then decided to go under the dash and yank on the wiring. When she was finished I now have no low beams. He then drives home on the high beams and gets pulled over again a couple min later by another Officer for driving on high beams.
Needless to say I am not to happy right now but I need to get my headlights fixed. I have tail lights but no low beams. I pulled the switch out and found a broken wire on the bottom of the connector but can't find the broken wire or what color it is supposed to be? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Does anyone know what the wiring diagram for the headlight switch is supposed to look like? Last night I let my son drive my GN to his Jiu Jitsu class and on the way home he was pulled over by one of our fine local police Officers which decided to search him for drugs.
Well since she did not find any drugs on him she then went straight to my GN and tore the side of my console out (it is ruined), cut my visors open, then decided to go under the dash and yank on the wiring. When she was finished I now have no low beams. He then drives home on the high beams and gets pulled over again a couple min later by another Officer for driving on high beams.
Needless to say I am not to happy right now but I need to get my headlights fixed. I have tail lights but no low beams. I pulled the switch out and found a broken wire on the bottom of the connector but can't find the broken wire or what color it is supposed to be? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Which one of our fine Police departments did this? I am in the St Louis area( Ofallon MO ) Totally uncalled for, call the dept. and file a report with the Chief, they have to investigate the whole ordeal. They should be held responsible for damages and the officer in question reprimanded !
I would PM SalvageV6 as he is a wizard with the wiring in these cars.

Good luck,
Bryan

The headlight feed out of the switch is the yellow wire however it feeds both high and low since it's the common to the dimmer switch so that must be okay.

Out of the dimmer switch the low beam wire is TAN in color.

The high beam wire is light green and the common is fed by the yellow wire from the headlight switch.

Out of the dimmer switch it goes through the C100 firewall main connector out to the headlamps and remains tan in color at the lights for low beam and light green for the high beams.

Which one of our fine Police departments did this? I am in the St Louis area( Ofallon MO ) Totally uncalled for, call the dept. and file a report with the Chief, they have to investigate the whole ordeal. They should be held responsible for damages and the officer in question reprimanded !
I would PM SalvageV6 as he is a wizard with the wiring in these cars.

Good luck,
Bryan

St. Louis County PD

I would be curious why a cop would wreck your car for no reason??
Unless there was a reason???

He was pulled over because the Officer stated that he failed to maintain his lane? She saw him pull out of a sub division and stated to him that he and his friend that he just picked up "must be stealing and if anything comes up missing they are going straight to him" Well there was nothing stolen in the car and there were no drugs either, a 21 year old kid in a GN must be up to no good in her opinion. He did not give her permission to search the car but I guess in her mind she had cause to search. If she was so worried about drugs why did she not call for a k-9 back up instead of trashing my car?

Yep. Get an attorney and file a claim with the PD if they won't settle it without an attorney. That is completely uncalled for. They have ways of finding drugs without destroying a car. = Big German Shepherd.

St. Louis County PD

Please PM me any info you have, I know a few of them including a K9 cop. Let me know where this took place as well as the officers name if known. I Also have a GREAT attorney who is a personal friend that I can put you in touch with. Take pictures of the damage!!!

Bryan