Wiring an OEM Ford Cam sensor?

Spud

I have a 97 Cobra DOHC twin turbo, and I have just upgraded my FAST computer to SEFI including Indiv. cylinder control. The OEM cam sensor & connector that I’m going to use for the sequential FAST has a GY/R “signal return wire” and a DB/O “Cam position sensor” as noted on the pinout for the ECU. The FORD schematics I have do not distinguish positive + from negative – with respect to these 2 wires, only that the GY/R is a "signal return" for the stock ECU and it shares the same circuit with 2 or 3 other sensors (circuit #359). On the CCOM WP software for FAST, it notes the 2 wires for the cam position sensor as being (RED CAM +) and (BLACK CAM RTN). So, I’m assuming by this that the black FAST wire should connect to the GY/R wire on the cam sensor connector as the black FAST wire is the “cam return signal”..? Then there’s only one wire to connect and that’s the red to the DB/O wire from the connector… BTW, the crank sensor does distinguish between positive and negative on the schematics with the DB wire on that OEM sensor connector being positive +, and the GY wire being negative -. So, by this rationale also, I’m assuming the DB and GY wire color codes, even though the cam wires are striped, are also positive and negative respectively DB/O + and GY/R -?

The Ford data does not distinguish a signal from the cam sensor as being either negative or positive, and so it may not matter at all. Just want to be sure when I wire it that I do it right the first time. My upgraded computer should be in my hands within a week from now as it's down at FAST for upgrading. Hopefully that will also cure the anomaly ongoing where the passenger side was slightly leaner readings than driver's. If sequential doesn't fix that, then there's ICC.

Thanks,

Spud

Cam sensor wiring

In checking my wiring, I had the GY output from the ford OEM crank sensor wired as positive, and the DB crank sensor wire as negative. The FAST wiring instructions said positive to the grey cam sensor wire, but that could easily be for another model where the grey wire is positive. However, on the schematics for 97 Cobra, the GY wire is negative and the DB is positive, and so by that I must have had them reversed.

I have my computer being upgraded to sequential because I ran out of options to fix the anomaly where the passenger side bank ran 1 point leaner than the driver's. The car seemed to run fine with the cam sensor wired as it was (FAST positive to GY and FAST neg to DB sensor wires), but it was leaner on one side as noted. New question is; would reversing the polarity of the crank sensor wires cause the lean condition on the one side?

I'll have to wait until my computer is back before I start it up with the new SEFI and ICC upgrades.