Wire?

ralphsmith_jr

Its a six
Can anyone tell me what this wire goes to? I found it on the drivers side under the brake cylinder..I have no clue what it plugs into, also from what I have read on here I am guessing that my master cylinder has been replaced, can anyone confirm? Sorry newbie with questions

Attachments

• DSCN8122.jpg
    DSCN8122.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN8120.jpg
    DSCN8120.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 289
Looks like the plug for the proportioning valve. On the frame, below the firewall, driver side.

It also looks like you still have the heat shield on your header. Better make sure the crack in the header has been welded.

Thanks guys...I can take the heat shield off its this is a must I really dont know? You said there was a crack? The proportioning valve is that for the old break set up?

Thanks guys...I can take the heat shield off its this is a must I really dont know? You said there was a crack? The proportioning valve is that for the old break set up?
Most of the time when the crack is welded the heat shield doesn't make it back on. Not really needed. All of these headers crack at the junction of the rear tube. Look closely with a good flashlight and you should see either a weld or a crack.

it does look like the plug that plugs into the proportioning valve, if it is im surprised your break light isnt on in the dash

That wire definitely connects to the stock brake proportioning valve. It's function is to warn that there is a problem in the dual master cylinder by lighting the brake light on the dash. This is true whether your system is still Powermaster, vacuum or Hydroboost. The fact that it is unconnected and your brake light on the dash is not ON indicates the system is not working properly. Does your dash brake light come ON with the parking brake? If not, the bulb is also needing replacement. I wouldn't feel confident of the condition of my brake system until this gets figured out.

Dean