Wiper Issue

TheHitman!

When I turn the wipers on they come on... But when I turn them off they don't stop... I turn the switch on and off and nothing and then finally they just stop.

The wipers witch is a bit pricey so I would like to make sure if it is it or not ahead of time. not to mention pulling the steering column apart to change it.

Probably the park relay or mechanical arm under the wiper cover.

Pop it off after they park with key OFF and try cleaning the contacts and make sure the mechanical arm engages properly.

Doubt it's the switch if they eventually park.

Switch is somewhat easy to change out however, it pulls out from the column no need to disassemble. You need a pull line on the existing wires and connector end to thread the new one down the column, search should bring up details.

I dealt with this on a delay wiper car, it was the black cover that bolts onto the wiper motor. A circuit board and round timer were worn out. A new motor is available but it does not include the black cover, used parts from a junk yard is the only option that I am aware of at this time because nobody sells/ makes the delay timing part in the motor cover. That's what it took to fix this car. Good luck.

Thanks
Bill

Sounds like it is time to go to pull a part.. I might as well get the entire motor. I wonder what cars I should look for and what years? Getting 87 parts around here is getting harder and harder.

I would say any g-body, maybe others????
Take yours off, look at it to see if anything obvious wrong, then go match it up. Delay and non delay are different, non delay has no circuit board in cover.

I will pull it off this weekend... G body have all been yanked up here to make race cars... And they throw the not needed parts like this away... :(