Wiped Cam Lobe ?

Did you take a look at a picture I posted in the link?
Like I said .......... I am no expert :eek: but there some good info in the thread.
Take a minute to read it and post back to tell me what you think, seriously. :)

Thanks for the link, and the pictures in the original thread, good work. My comments in the original thread plus what I believe today still hold true: the no 3 E lobe is almost dead center of the lifter bore. Your pix prove this very same thing, so you're helping me prove my point. I'm not sure where our differences lie, you might want to point these out so I can answer your question better. One thing I am not sure of is whether or not this almost-dead-centering is by an error in cam/block drawings, mis-machining during production, or intentional or some combination??.

Thanks for the link, and the pictures in the original thread, good work. My comments in the original thread plus what I believe today still hold true: the no 3 E lobe is almost dead center of the lifter bore. Your pix prove this very same thing, so you're helping me prove my point. I'm not sure where our differences lie, you might want to point these out so I can answer your question better. One thing I am not sure of is whether or not this almost-dead-centering is by an error in cam/block drawings, mis-machining during production, or intentional or some combination??.

Well, I am happy to assist you in proving your point on the location issue. ;)
Flat tappet cams still do not wipe on every motor, with every cam, every time. :wink:
I think this board, its collective community knowledge and experiences disprove that ............. :wink:

Well, I am happy to assist you in proving your point on the location issue. ;)
Flat tappet cams still do not wipe on every motor, with every cam, every time. :wink:
I think this board, its collective community knowledge and experiences disprove that ............. :wink:

Agreed. My own experience has shown that too. It's just that it took 3 tries to make 1 cam live.

if your cam lobe is centered in the lifter bore you can only blame the cam manufacturer------put a stock GM cam in the block and you will see that the offset variation is rarely more than .015 less than the other lifters-------even so it isn't as important as everyone seems to think it is-------if you have access to a cad program do a simple exercise--------draw up the lobe/lifter contact area and change the relative offset and see what really happens-------don't forget to put the approx 2 degree taper on the lobe and the 36 inch radius crown on the lifter face-----believe me when i say its gonna surprise you...........RC

A2000RICH;2194223------i'm writing a rather technical and through article for the GS extra that will be in one of the upcoming issues..............RC[/QUOTE said:
Richard, any way that those of us that do not belong to the "club" can obtain a copy of your tech paper?:)