Winterize alchy setup

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Since my alchy pump internals shriveled up, I have my pump out for reconstruction this winter. I'm wondering for next winter's storage what you guys do with your setup when you put your car away for the winter? Do you drain the pump out?

why would you put water in there ? whats the point

why do anything meth wont freeze not by nature anyway

if you store the car for long term what you can do is just drain
you can pump it out by removing the hose to the nozzle put in a container and key on hold the test button and it will empty the tank and the pump
then if you want to you could pull the pump and store indoors where its warm, cap the lines with a plastic bag so critters dont get in

Just going off what Razor had told me to do, Don't figure it matters too much, my first pump made it around 5 years without doing any precautionary steps when storing. The water is just so the contents of the pump aren't as corrosive as if it's pure meth. Long term it does sound better to take off the pump & put in a ziplock. Mine's been put away since last April & don't know when it'll be back out, it's supposed to drop to 2 degrees below zero tomorrow night here in "the desert" & it's in a non-heated garage, 1/2 meth & 1/2 water I'm not worried at all that the pump will freeze.

Meth is corrosive. So get it out of the system.

I emptied my tank, and pumped distilled water through it to get all of the meth out. My car is stored in my heated shop, so freezing isn't a concern. I would imagine if you pump all of the distilled water out, the small amount left won't cause a problem with freezing anyway.