Windshield Wipers only move a few inches

theMonch

2QIK4U
So I am posting this up to possible help soeone else since I have been chasing this problem for a while now. The symptoms were that the wipers would work normally most of the time, but on occasion and continually getting more frequent, the wipers would only work in high speed and would only move a few inches. Soetimes they would be working and then all of a sudden stop and do the only a few inches thing.

I could sometimes shut off the car wait a few seconds they might return to normal..sometimes they wouldnt.

I tried replacing the motor and also the wiper module cover on different occasions to no avail. I did the service manual diagnosis test and everything came up good. This was perplexing as I though it definetly had to be the column combination switch.

Well long story short it turned out to be the actual connection for the combination switch under the column. (Its a flat connector with 5 conductors) I pulled the connector apart, blew it out stuck it back together and voila! fixed. I can only assume that there was some corrosion up in there that was causing an intermittant contact issue.

I hope that this will help with anyone else who might have a similar problem. I found tons of threads on the web describing the problem, but none with a solution.

Anyway cheers.

this is the exact problem I am having. I will try this right away thank you so much for posting. Glad i didn't dump out any money yet on new motor.