Windshield wiper problem

opeltwinturbo

The windshield wipers on my 98 Regal SC have decided to shut off in the vertical position. It seems like the cancellation mechanism is 90 degrees off. They work fine but when not used they look kind of silly sticking straight up.

Suggestions?:confused: :confused:

John Schmidt

Maybe I should have asked "How do you get 40 more HP out of my windshield wipers then have return to the correct stored position". Oh well............

There is a defective part. A service bulletin is available. The dealer should fix this. Luckily, mine did this when still under warranty.

Scott
97.5 Regal GS
11.570 @ 117.98

I had that happen a week ago. The tab that stops the wiper arms for the park position, got ice on it and allowed the wiper arm lock arm to go over it and park in the middle of the windshield. This happend right after I washed my car, there is a bulletin out to put a plastic cover over the tab and arm

If you can park it in a warm garage or shop and see if that does it. I did that and it worked fine the next morning. It seems weird, but there is no cover. You can see where the ice would build up on it.