Window Switch

joejakegrace

Going to order one this week from Fbody probably. My driver side one is a 1/3 operation (takes three touches to get her up) - (uh, oh, never mind). Haven't poured over the SM yet but do you have to pop the whole console out to get to the switch?? Was going to post on thirdgen or someplace but, here, it's much simpler!!

Are you sure its not the window motor instead of the switch. You dont have to take the whole console out, the plate will come up by itself. If you lift the lid of the center console you will see two bolts take those out, then if you lift the ash tray out you will see a bolt below that. I'm pretty sure those are the only bolts holding it. There are some tangs that go down to secure, but you can just lift the plate up now. The switches are held in by just some tabs, pop those and the switch is free. You could switch the drivers side with the passanger to see if the switch is the problem. HTH

Thanks - that's what I'll do. I thought that the Driver switch and passenger switch were different (listed separately in most parts manuals). (maybe just which side the connections are on)

I'm thinking switch b/c the motor makes no strange sounds, doesn't stop/start/go slow, etc. - when I re-press the up button a few times...it'll "catch" and go up like new. I guess it could be the connection to the motor, a ground or something else. Hoping switch as it feels a little "sloppy" - before I jump into the door panel.