Window regulator

Ash

Dose any one know where i can get a new drivers side window regulator and a door lock switch for a Grand national?

Ash said:
Dose any one know where i can get a new drivers side window regulator and a door lock switch for a Grand national?
Window regulators are discontinued. Door locks we have in stock. I can get you a nice used regulator if you need 1.

Don't mean to jack this thread but, Ash, is your window regulator broken? I can't fiqure out why after replacing my drivers side window motor, the window goes up smooth, but won't go down with out hopping and shaking. Just wanted to know if you are having similar problems.

BTW, a door lock switch should'nt be too hard to find. Iv'e seen GM replacements on a help rack at my local auto parts store.

Well I have found the problem with the window after pulling apart the entire door. All of the guide blocks and pins had worked themselvs loose. After tightning all of them down and re-adjusted the guides and cleaning out all of the dirt the window goes up and down nice and smooth and it no longer pops out of the door when going above 60 mph.
The door lock switch is the outer frame that holds the switch into the door. I accdently smashed the dam thing when I was working on the window.

Good, I found the problem with mine too. The guides along the top of the door need readjusted. I guess you won't be needing a regulator? I got one off an Eldorado at the junk yard that I don't need now.