Window net

A window is intended to retain any body part from flying out of the window during an extreme G force roll. Rolling over your arm would hurt Ouch pow bang boom. LOL

Billy,
No need to worry about a window net.. your head could not possibly fit thru a GN window.:eek: :D

WHOA! burn!:tongue: .. I have another question though... i know that the top of the net is supposed to be attatched to the roll cage, but what about the bottom? attatched to the door? Installing one sometime soon...:cool:

The bottom attaches to the side bar or some call it a door bar.

I knew I was setting my self up on that one...We's some big cranneum people!

????????'s

Window net is installed but is it done correctly? The mounting tubes for the window net bar were placed in a location that would not interfere with your leg when getting into the car. The upper rear mounting tube was placed as far away from the drivers head as possible. The rule book states on one page that it must be mounted to the inside of the cage. Does this mean that the round tubes the net mounting bar slides into must be toward the inside of the car? I purposely did not want to do that because I wanted those parts out of the way of gashing ones legs when entering the car or up on side impact.

I am also confused on how fast the car has to go in order to require a net? On the last page it states 9.99 and faster. On another page it states a window net is required for any car requiring a cage.

Can some one help me understand?

Attachments

• net.jpg
    net.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 215
My window net mounts on the inside of the cage. I took the measurements and ordered a custom size net from RJS rather than having to fit a standard net to my cage. It works out much better.

A cage is not the same as a roll bar. A cage is required for any car faster than 9.99 so therefore a net is required when you have a cage because both are required at 9.99

This is how mine looks and it passes inspec. I made a cardboard templet and sent it to Pat at simpson it was around $50 it took one week.

Attachments

• DSC01487.jpg
    DSC01487.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC01491.jpg
    DSC01491.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 222
Dusty,
Thanks for the clarification. I am aware of the differnce between a roll bar and a roll cage. What confuses me is on page 225 of the 2007 NHRA rule book it states "window net is mandatory on any full-bodied car required by the rules to have a roll cage". Then on Page 280 it explains a roll cage is required for 10.00 and faster or 135 mph and faster. Thanks for the advice on a custom window net.

Under Boost.
Who makes that window net install kit? It is much nicer than the RJS kit I used.

Looks like I need to redo the window net. That is going to suck because I'll have to cut those those mounting tubes off with out grinding into the shoulder bar. I should of done more research first.