window adjustment

Not sure which way you want to adjust the window. If you want to just tighten it up so it has less wobble, there are two metal tabs with felt on them that are screwed to the top of the door. You must first remove the upper door panel. I found that the screws that hold them have a washer on them that prevents you from eliminating the wobble. Just remove the screws with the washer and get a screw without a washer. then you can tighten the metal tabs against the window in the track. Also, if the felt is worn, you can get velcro from auto parts store and put the soft part of the velcro over the felt. That will also help to eliminate the wobble. You will no longer have to push the window out while it is going up, to keep it from binding with the rubber molding.

Thanks very much for that info, I will try that to help with one of the problems. The major reason for my question, was for the fact that I just put in new weather stripping and I have spent almost 2 days trying to get the windows adjusted.

I have that book around here somewhere. As I recall, there is nothing too earth shattering in the book regarding the problem that you have. There were only two screws, I believe, for adjusting the window forward or backward. I'm sure you've figured that out by now. I'll look for the book tonight and post back if nobody beats me to it. It's kind of a compromise as you don't want it too far forward or too far back. Good luck.

Hey GNRick... I just got my 87 GN , I noticed that the little tab that is attatched to the upper roof line of the car is broken. I have the replacement piece , however I don't know how to remove the broken piece and replace it with the one I ordered from kirban. Any ideas Rick... thanks for the help

Hey GNRick... I just got my 87 GN , I noticed that the little tab that is attatched to the upper roof line of the car is broken. I have the replacement piece , however I don't know how to remove the broken piece and replace it with the one I ordered from kirban. Any ideas Rick... thanks for the help

Drill out the rivets. You can use the same type of trim screw that is used on the weatherstrip retainer to reattach it. You'll have to drill a new hole in the roof to do it.

subscribed. Spent two days trying to get my windows adjusted and there is still gap due to the window stripping.

There is alot more to it than just forward & back. I do this for a living every day & spent several hours on one door. Keep at it & know all of the adjustments or take it to someone who is familiar with these doors.

Charlie, I will do that with pics & all when I have time. Right now I am trying to get everything ready for Bowling green.

John

That would be great John. It would save a lot of people time if we can refer to a specific thread to fix the windows.

That would be great John. It would save a lot of people time if we can refer to a specific thread to fix the windows.

time and money i found a guy that works on vehicle windows he said he could take care of it $40 per door:eek: and he said it may take up to 3 hrs:eek: well worth it if ur struggling and cant get it right time after time and is starting to piss u :mad: yes please start a thread and help us non pros:rolleyes: