Wind shields? R they the same all goodies .

i think they are interchangeable from 78-88 on all 2 door G bodies, with the 78-80ish ones having an integrated radio antenna if you want to go all custom and get rid of the stocker..

Ok thanks so if any one know what do they charge to take off one car and put on another?

They usually don't come out in one piece. The adhesive is really sticky and unless you get lucky, they break on the way out.

How do the shops d o it?
Different tricks and tools but one I know of is using fishing line to saw and cut them out of the seal. Best bet is to get new, at least if they break it installing it at least it's on them and you get a new one

Call a auto glass shop, explain to them what you want to do and ask for a price. We have had windshields cut out many times with no problems. r&i usually runs us around $100.00 but you have two removals & one install. Had a new windshield installed in a Envoy for $200.00 including glass.

To cut out a windshield and try to re use it, we cut them out with piano wire. Usually takes two people. One inside the car and one on the outside. Take some piano wire, cut it to about 5 feet. try to poke a hole in windshield butyl and push wire through. Person on inside can hold wire with a vise grip or take a wooden dowel and drill a hole in the center of it to make a handle. Do the same for the other end. We have actual handles for this part but either of these tricks work. Slowly pull the wire on each end and that's it. Some times the wire will catch on clips and such and break. Just start over with a new wire. If it pulls too hard we sometimes spray glass cleaner or such on it to lubricate. Just remember old glass can get brittle and crack easier on install and removal.

Thanks just looking at a car that thr guys ex put a car battery in the windshield big hole

Jumping on the band wagon. Are there any brands that are more factory than others?
I'm thinking '86 GN in particular.

I had the antenna hole shaved when I had my car painted and used a malibu windshield with the antenna already in it. I'm done with broken antenna motors.

The windshield comes with the antenna built in and the connector at the bottom. You'll have to buy the cable that runs from the wind shield to the radio and drill a hole under the metal cover that run along the bottom of the windshield. The body already has an indentation where the hole needs to be. Connect one end to the windshield and drop the other end into the cab and plug it in.
ANT-7088.jpg

This is what the cable looks like. The female end stays outside secured to the body with the supplied screw and connects to the plug coming off of the glass. The rest of it is ran inside and plugged into the radio.