Will Wilkerson's Dyno Video

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Will,

This looks and sounds great.
I am not so sure about this going in an "Oldsmobile" though...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0s8Oz3QHNI&feature=feedu[/YOUTUBE]

I want one too! Now where is that winning Powerball ticket???:wink: More details Will! What is this going into. I know they said an Olds but what Olds?

Oh, and note to big dollar motor builders, do not leave shop rags sitting around when doing dyno runs. Check out the video at around the 7:00 minute mark.:eek: Imagine if that got into the turbo!

Olds - Buick, you know, same thing.:rolleyes: That should have been edited out. It's actually going in a 1970 BUICK GS. Here's a link to the build..........http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-v8-conversions/321260-twin-turbo-buick-gs-project.html

In Tom's defense, a lot of the video footage was done LATE at night - like 2-3 am. I don't know if anyone knew the difference between a Chevy and a Ford at that point.

The video makes it look easy but those were just a few of the development pulls. A lot of people have no idea how much goes into engines like these. We had to rework the throttle linkage 4 times, changes both rows of injectors twice to get the duty cycle under 100%, sheared off the trigger wheel once, changed wastegate springs 3-4 times, and set some stuff on fire.:eek: To say this engine kicked everyone's butt before it started to come around is an understatement. The video only shows some of the pulls - overall there were around 100 pulls and went through 45 gallons of C16.

On a side note, Nelson is a cool dude and definitely knows his stuff. The attention to detail is mind blowing - exceeded my expectations and I'm a detail freak. I talked to several builders before going with Tom. He's a really down to earth guy and his lack of a big ego and willingness to listen to and implement some of my ideas is what sold me. He's always trying to learn or figure out something new. We shared ideas on this combo and it turned out pretty well. And since I know it's coming......... yeah it ain't cheap but quality never is. Believe it or not, he's NOT the most expensive - there are plenty out there offering less for more.

Glad to see you're happy! I can't wait to see it all together and making passes. Piece of mind is more important than price IMO. 45 gallons of C16:eek:...LOL, I guess you guys can just tap the drum to keep from filling the fuel cell.

Will, I was just busting his b#lls.
I am very familiar with your projects, especially since
I started living vicariously through you...

Very cool video and motor.
Did you keep the shop rag as a souvenir?