how would you fix this-hood latch support

6gunn

high on gas fumes
The metal looks too thin to weld, so I'm thinking about using some sort of panel bond or adhesive. Not sure how that'd hold up though, so I'm looking for suggestions on how to fix this.

I wouldn't call it a fix but I think I put a nut n bolt with some big flat washers in mine to keep it together.

Yeah, looks like that's going to be about the only option huh. I was hoping to keep it looking somewhat original there, but maybe some sort of buttonhead type bolt head or stainless hardware wouldn't look so bad. Thanks.

What about something like this painted black? I would prefer a weld to keep it original.

40A74C19-5DA5-490B-A685-39D18C87D0C6.jpeg

look on the edge of the hood about mid way. mine is cracked there too. as many times as the hood was popped open on the return road for cooling and opened and shut at the races it's a wonder there isn't more wrong with it.
no one ever even commented on the bolt repair on mine and there are more goofed up at that latch than you would think. I tend to check that out when I get the chance.

Do you have a link to this or a name of this type of bolt? I can't read the description and the pic isn't clickable. I agree, a weld would be much better and look somewhat original, but this metal is so thin that I'd be concerned about it just cracking in a different place if the weld even holds up. Not sure what happened to cause these cracks in the first place. Slamming the hood and not being careful with it I guess.

Do you have a link to this or a name of this type of bolt? I can't read the description and the pic isn't clickable. I agree, a weld would be much better and look somewhat original, but this metal is so thin that I'd be concerned about it just cracking in a different place if the weld even holds up. Not sure what happened to cause these cracks in the first place. Slamming the hood and not being careful with it I guess.

I didn’t realize the picture went thru all blurry. That was pulled off Amazon, but google flathead bolt. There’s a lot of options.

Amazon Hillman Flathead

The more I think about it, it might make sense to have a flathead, hex or Phillips option to torque it. Otherwise you are notching a perfect square in the hood frame metal to allow the bolt to bite while you torque the nut. You probably will still need to notch the hood frame to allow the flathead to sit flush but a screwdriver option will allow to not have to get the square notch perfect and leave room for error.