Will this chip work for my car?

TurboBrian

Im trying to buy a chip and inj set off a member here and the specs are for a TA49, 3000 stall, I don't believe my converter or turbo is quite that big, I know its a older turbonetics and exhaust side is an .63ar but the guy who had the car didn't have a clue what he was doing. The car had a bigger fuel pump and injectors already but didn't even have a hotwire. That being said if I had to guess the converter is stock or real close to it, and the car only runs 10psi? o_O It has a no name chip thats probably out of date. Anyways, would this chip be okay?

Thanks

What injectors are in the car now? Might be better just to buy a new chip for what you have....

Rick

42lb lucas I think, but I believe they're leaky because I've replaced everything else in the fuel system except for this and the car idles like junk runs pig rich and just overall runs bad. Plus last time I checked the fuel pressure it bled off 5-10lbs or so after shutting it off. I might as well upgrade to these 50's while replacing, I have the pump to support it.

Order a new chip for exactly what you have and intended power level. If the converter is tighter or looser the tip in and throttle follower will be different. No sense in having a stumbly stall prone setup. Only use a good flowed set of injectors. Nothing used

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Thanks for your input Bison. I would love to buy nothing used, but ya boy is on a budget. Then again better to do the job right the first time and not have to fool with it again. There isn't any way to know what converter I have without taking it/the trans out right? I guess I could measure out the turbo to see what exactly it is.

Thanks for your input Bison. I would love to buy nothing used, but ya boy is on a budget. Then again better to do the job right the first time and not have to fool with it again. There isn't any way to know what converter I have without taking it/the trans out right? I guess I could measure out the turbo to see what exactly it is.
Used injectors will bite you in the ass. Just get the stall at 0 and the approximate stall at full power. The chip burners are really good at getting the fueling and timing close. You will need to know what wheels are in the turbo also

BPE2013@hotmail.com

605e822c9b6a86b693cd8365e82fcb78.jpg
3d4b0487ef0f82aa52069d8bb8ab58be.jpg
2bc0e1add010f7cec0b010be6879781b.jpg

I know you're the turbo man, does this help any?

on a side note thats the most rediculous method of bypasssing a heater core ive ever seen

I have no idea why it was done like that... Like I said guy before me had no idea what he was doing.
Id suggest going over the entire car with a fine toothed comb. Pull the engine and check everything over. Look closely at the wire harness and re-tape it. Check all fasteners for proper placement and torque. Verify all 12v leads are properly fused free from potential rub through or burn through. I would inspect all fuel lines be sure any hoses replaced were actually fuel injection hose. I've seen plenty of grenades with the pin pulled in the last several years. Better be safe than sorry. You won't believe some of what you will find

BPE2013@hotmail.com

those couplers on the turbo to intercooler may look bitchin but its a home depot plumbing isle part and the rubber used wasnt meant to withstand heat from boosting , the mesh is the only thing holding it together . proper reinforced silicone hoses should be used on intercooler connections

. . may look bitchin . . .
LMAO @ this specifically. Thanks, I needed that.

...... I've seen plenty of grenades with the pin pulled in the last several years. Better be safe than sorry. You won't believe some of what you will find
BPE2013@hotmail.com

I am a believer! Lol . .
The stuff I found on a few turn key setups were interesting.

OP, listen to these guys.
I spend over a year chasing stuff on a granade, but was able to put the pin back on, to align with the goal. Lol
These cars will force you to gain knowledge, and patience.