will the tranny out of a 87 monte fit my car

84turbogn

I will get in the 12's
gan get a 2004r tranny out of a monte. is there any difference?
Whats it worth?

It will fit just fine. The calibration is very similar to a TR. About the only thing that you'll have to change is the speedometer gears. That includes the one on the governor.

If you still have the original BQ-code transmission in your car, don't let it go! It's a desireable core as well. The value of the Monte unit depends a lot on condition.

The tranny is fine. Had my tranny buddy break it open. looks great. I still got mine! want to build up the tranny from monte and put it in. Is 200 bucks a fair price. The guy also threw in a $98.00 shift kit. It is made by Transgo. If i can get some feedback i'll either sell the shift kit of use it. The manufacturer says its the answer for 2nd band and third clutch failure. Any one that will help is welcome to answer!!! should i use or sell the kit? Anyone use one? . Can I buy the speedo gears? Thanks!

My car had a Monte trans in it with no 2nd gear when i bought it. The original owner paid to have it rebuilt, with a Transgo shift kit. Was great for 1000 miles them 2nd gear started slipping. Rebuilt again, and lasted til i got it home. I recommend upgrading the 2nd gear band and servo if you want to use that trans. The shift points seemed ok with that valve body.

Scott

it better be an305 ho ss or itll be a regular cr valve body for use with a non 305 ho montecarlo ss w/ a 3.08 rear axle ratio.some ss monte carlos came like this.make sure the dog tag is cz or cq.far better than the turbo regal calibration in my opinion.