Will the Hoodliner from a 1986 T/A fit my TTA ?

turbotaone

Classic Industries list Hoodliners from 1982-86 for the Trans am and 1987-92 for the Formula Firebird. I know that the Formula Hoodliners are different because of the offset hoodscoop,but wouldn't the 82-86 T/A liners be the same for 87-92 T/A?,or did they change them in 87?

Thanks
James

I'm not sure if they will fit but it won't be the right color. The interior color on the TTA is TTA specific I believe. The tan on the normal TA is a little off, enough that it's noticable.

The interior color on a TTA is not TTA specific, but that aside he's asking about the hoodliner not headliner.

As for the hoodliner, I belive the t/a hoods from 85-90 were the same as the GTA/TTA's in which case it will fit.

HTH,
Steve

Originally posted by TTA850
The interior color on a TTA is not TTA specific, but that aside he's asking about the hoodliner not headliner.

As for the hoodliner, I belive the t/a hoods from 85-90 were the same as the GTA/TTA's in which case it will fit.

HTH,
Steve

Oops misread the question.

Originally posted by turbotaone
Classic Industries list Hoodliners from 1982-86 for the Trans am and 1987-92 for the Formula Firebird. I know that the Formula Hoodliners are different because of the offset hoodscoop,but wouldn't the 82-86 T/A liners be the same for 87-92 T/A?,or did they change them in 87?

Thanks
James

I would thnk they would fit. How much do they cost?

Johns Performance sells one too. But it is $225. I might bite the bullet and get a nice replica.

$22.95 for the Hoodliner at Classic Industries(part#F260), I went ahead and ordered one yesterday, I figure even if it doesn't fit I'm only out a few bucks. I may end up having to buy one from John's Performance also if I can't find a cheaper one elsewhere.

James

It won't get here until Tuesday of next week, but I'll let you know how it fits and also the quality as soon as I get it on.

James

Sorry Guys, I've been really busy the last week and haven't had any time for the computer. I got the hoodliner last week and I'm sorry to say that it is not an exact match. It fits fine except it is about four inches to short in the back left corner of the hood. The factory liner has a small ear coming off it in this area and this liner does not. It is a well made liner and doesn't look that bad on the car so I will use it until I can afford a custom one.

James

So you paid $229? Just making sure because I do not see the TTA emblem. Just the normal GTA. Is the GTA one and TTA one the same?

Headliners

..If its still in the subject matter... the manufacturer of the headliner (not hoodliner) is actually ACME AUTO HEADLINING.. they produce the plastic injected shell and cover them correctly as needed in whatever factory color is required. This company has been going since 1938 and knows exactly what they are doing. Cost wise they are around $100 for a shell & a little more for the completed unit covered. BUT.. many people here at least don't bother covering them in normal F bodies.. just vinyl spray them or leave them their natural grey... at least this way you can wipe the thing over when road grime gets on it etc.. Come with instructions and real easy to fit up. ACME's number is 562 437 0061, They make T-Top and non T-top versions..... also can be used for cars with C&C tops etc.
This is not an unpaid commercial .. just experience now with about 50 of them passing thru different owners here. Hope that helps somebody.

This is about the hoodliner (under hood insulation) right? (But I too have the ACME headliner and it's good, not saying I'm 100% pleased with the fit but it's a big improvement over the stock stuff). Anyway back to the hoodliner.

Carmotorsport.com only picture the GTA but you can get it with either the TTA nose emblem (and I paid $229 for mine) or the rear white bird and TURBO I beleive ... best is to give them a call.