will not start

airforceone

DON'T GET NONE ON YA'
i have put everything back together on my engine. it turns over but doesn't act like it is firing. what i have checked so far is:
1) i have fuel pressure
2) the orange wire to the battery is connected
3) my ses light is not coming on. the dash was pulled when i bought the car, so i'm not sure the bulb is bad or not connected to the light
4) the cam position sensor is reading 0.16

how do i get it to crank?
thanks

Check fuses first. Check your ecm.Make sure all the plugs are plugged in nice and tight,check your chip make sure its in properly.If every thing looks ok there and still no start.Do you have a TR buddy that has a ecm you can borrow?To see if its the ecm thats bad.Keep posting your progress to help others help troubleshoot.Good Luck

i pulled a plug and it was wet. i checked to see if i were getting spark and i am. what should i check next?

First thing you need is the SES light.
Worry about nothing else without that light. I once forgot to reinstall mine when I pulled my dash.

crank sensor

I forgot to plug up crank sensor and worked for 2 days to figure that one out. No spark without it.

okay,

i used a test light with the wire end hooked to pos. battery and touched the probe to terminal d on the aldl. it lit up. checked again and i'm still getting fire and fuel. i popped and smoked like it wanted to begin to crank but never got to the point of really trying to crank. . what do i do next?

smoke and pop??

If the engine has both fuel and spark and is popping and smoking, there's a chance you have the cam sensor in wrong... Recheck the setup on it... Go to Gnttype and run the setup sequence.
If the sensor is 180* out, the engine should start, but not run well. If it is off location, either at the correct setting or 180* out, it will do what you are describing.
If the bulb in the SES is good, and does not come on w/ the key to on, the ECM is fried..

FIRst check your connection to the starter you may have a loose bolt thats not giving proper connection with the battery or alternator......i know my car was having the same problems... it would sputter and back fire on start up then one day i could get the thing to start ...there was no power what so ever. It turned out to be the wires on the starter terminal.