will it ever run right? help!!!

gflo383

i have an 86 gn, and i i am having some trouble getting it to run right it typically happens under boost but the car will cut out, the turbo will spit back as if the throttle had been shut and then it will spring back to life again, during that moment the check engine light will flash then go away when it returns to normal i put it on the scan tool and found code 44 "lean exhaust",so i checked as follows,fuel pressure,fuel injectors,plugs,wires,mass air,tps, and i cannot figure it out. but sometimes it will fall on it's face even off a stop no boost it will sputter for a second then pick back up. plese help me i have a reputation driving around one of the only blacked out buicks around my area.

sounds like coil module or ignition module. my bet is ignition module. I got the same lean exhaust code before mine went. took forever before it finally started coding for EST and I replaced the module. after that, ran like a top.

Betcha the passenger-side header is shorting out on the positive batter cable UNDER the manifold.

Move the cable, and get new motor mounts/torque strap.

I agree with supersix. I had the same problem which had me stumped hard for a week. Try it a night and take notice if all your lights flicker when this happens.