Will I Need to Reprime Engine?

wiseman

I am going from a RJC Racing Biggie Oil Filter Adapter to a TR Customs Turbo Protector which will require me to reinstall the stock oil filter adapter. I am planning to hold the oil cooler adapter in place, while removing the oil filter adapter so I don't disrupt the oil pump gears. Will the car loose its oil prime?

No....and even if you completely remove the oil cooler adapter, it's not going to lose prime. You're not going to be messing with the pump gears.

I do not think you will lose prime, but it is something to watch. I have removed cooler adapters numerous times over the years with no problems but I did have one that lost prime when I removed the cooler adapter. I have no explanation why this one particular car did when the others didn't but I do know that it happened. I think there is a 99.9% chance you will be fine but do keep and eye on it. I usually unplug the ECM power and turn the car over with the starter and make sure the oil pressure light goes out before I fire the car up after I mess with the oil pump. It only takes a few seconds to do this and its good for piece of mind.

Ok, Thats greats news. I will double check for oil pressure after installation is finished. Thanks a bunch.

before you put it on the billet filter.. fill it with oil , let it soak into the cartridge and keep filling untill it wont take any more
you need to cap off the turbo feed fitting before filling after filter is installed on the motor remove cap and install the turbo feed line

I always remove the top line from the radiator and fill with oil. This will help

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I disconnected the fuel pump fuse, and power to the computer. Spun the car over in multiple 5-7 sec intervals periodically. The pressure slowly begin to come up on my gauge. So, everything worked out perfectly and I didn't have to reprime the system manually. Thanks for the advice, guys