Will any/some 4th Gen F-Body wheels fit on a TR?

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I want some evil lookin 4th Gen Camaro or T/A wheels on my car, but I have no idea if they would fit, and how in the world do you fit 17s on a TR? Thanks!

I have been doing some research on this as well as using a photo editing program to make some wheel changes and a lot of wheels look great on the TR. The bad thing is the offset on 4th gen wheels is a positive on(i.e. the wheel sits in the wheel well more than a TR) The back spacing on most 17 x 9.5 4th gen wheels is around 7 inches(56mm offset) We need at least a 4 inch backspacing to run these wheels. I havent dont much more research since then but if you do keep me posted. Thanks!

PS if U want those pictures send me an e-mail and I will put them up here. Thanks!

Saw a guy with Z06 wheels on his ttype!!!! Talked to him for a minute to ask HOW THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT!!!! He said go to vette brakes.com or something and they have adapters to make them fit. Something like 150 for the rear adapters and 250 for the front.

Haven't checked it out yet but they sure looked cool on his car!:cool:

As mentioned above, 4th-gen F-body (or C5) wheels will not fit without a big spacer. For example, base Z28 wheels are 16X8, and have 5.5-inches of backspacing. A G-body requires 3.5-4 inches of BS on an 8-inch wheel for a good fit. HTH.