Will a Turbo Buick run without ECU?

twodafloor

Twodafloor
While trying to rundown an issue- pulled the ECU out. Curious if it would start, I tried - IT DID. , but only as long as my residual fuel pressure lasted. Is this normal or bizarre? Car is equipped with a GENll translator using an LTl Maf. What do you think? If I ran power to fuel pump would it stay running?

I think the ignition module will run in backup/startup mode. the bigger question is how the fuel got into the engine....

leaky fuel pressure diaphragm? leaky fuel injectors? siphoning from the alky tank? odd...

Bob

Why would you want to run the engine without the ecu? Evan if it does it won't for long and you won't be going anywhere or doing the engine any good in the mean time.

Reminds me of the guy who wanted to see if or how well the engine would run with the cam sensor 180 degrees out! WHY?

So it ran for 5 seconds or whatever with "residual fuel pressure' and it's now called a start and run?

Why would you want to run the engine without the ecu? Evan if it does it won't for long and you won't be going anywhere or doing the engine any good in the mean time.

Reminds me of the guy who wanted to see if or how well the engine would run with the cam sensor 180 degrees out! WHY?
Well I had the ECU out in part to get a little room removing panel under dash- didn't expect it would start- certainly didn't expect it to idle and rev better than with the ECU. not like I planned it out just to mess with your mind.

So it ran for 5 seconds or whatever with "residual fuel pressure' and it's now called a start and run?
Actually ran more like 45 seconds and I think if I jump power to fuel pump it would run. doubt its driveable due to timing

Mark,you should post up the entire problem in another thread instead of just this tidbit.............