will a 3" terry houston downpipe work with my hooker headers

bwash44

I have a complete hooker exhuast and from the headers to the tips out back want to install a terry houston downpipe but dont no if it will clear my header

Attachments

• IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 339
shouldnt be a problem clearing the header , you will need the 3" test pipe with the 4bolt flange in the proper length for a th pipe as installs vary the test pipe or downpipe length will need adjusting

Works on mine with an ATR DP that will not work with KB style headers. I say yes.

U have the hooker headers to bc they stick out alot more than stock so if u got them and they work i def will buy one people say it makes a big diff over stock

Yeah they make a big difference alright, not going to say it is a good one though.

Hooker headers are a great design for a low nine second car. Poor material choice, though. THe will SLOW a car down considerably if you are not making 0ver 700 HP in my opinion. I've never seen them work well before. Stock or TA is your best choice.

Had hooker headers and noticed no lag with a ball bearing turbo, when the downpipe cracked and I replaced it with a 3" DP from Cottons, it wouldn't clear the headers. I've since tried ATR knockoffs and eventually switched to stockers. Never felt a noticeable difference in power between any of the three.

I had them on my car for about a week and took them off. Major dissappointment. I also had a Houston down pipe and had to by a spacer to install between the exhaust housing and the flange on the down pipe. I might still have that spacer, I don't recall where I got it as this was probly 15 years ago.