Wife's new ride, any Jeepers in here?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
My wife has been driving the '99 30th Anniv TA as a daily driver for about 2 years now after driving the '95 TA for about 8 and wanted something new. She was wanting a Grand Cherokee and went a test drove a SRT8, which I loved the power, but then she saw a Rubicon jeep and fell in love with it. A bunch of our friends have Jeeps and go off roading on trails alot, so now she is ready to go with them now. She really wanted something that she could take the top off of...So I have already made a lift mechanism in the garage so she can remove the hard top by herself!
Have several other parts for it already on order.

05 LJ here! She'll love it! Good luck with it!
IMG_0034sm.jpg

sml.jpg

Nice. I had a 79 CJ7 with a factory V8 and a 3 speed. It was awesome. Loved taking the top off.

That was 25 years ago and I’ve always wanted another jeep since then.

I have been on the edge for one lately and you may have just pushed me over.

What is the gas mileage on that beauty?

D

Very cool! You guys will have a blast with it especially if you have a group of friends to go Jeeping with.

Here's my 79 CJ5. I built it 12 years ago and just this winter got it running again after sitting for 5 years. This was Christmas Day. I took it for a little drive.

Nice. I had a 79 CJ7 with a factory V8 and a 3 speed. It was awesome. Loved taking the top off.

That was 25 years ago and I’ve always wanted another jeep since then.

I have been on the edge for one lately and you may have just pushed me over.

What is the gas mileage on that beauty?

D
It averages about 16-18 with about 50% highway driving, but it doesn't have 500 miles on it yet. Has the V6 Penastar engine that Chrysler has been using in everything the last couple years. 285hp IIRC. I was surprised at how well it drives. When she said she really wanted a Wrangler, I told her she needed to drive one that they were really different than driving a car or the Grand Cherokee. But I was real surprised, Jeep has came a long way. She required heated seats, and that only comes in the Sahara and Rubicon models. Didn't like the painted fenders and top on the Sahara since we wanted something that could handle some abuse and door dings, salesman said he could order a Sahara that way but didn't have one on the lot, said he would sale the Rubicon for the price of the Sahara..ended up paying total with tax/title less than what the Sahara stickered after negotiating further....and getting my Challenger wheels refurbished by Dodge as part of the deal!
Go drive one, you'll be surprised, and the factory upgraded stereo sounds great too!

Already put the brush guards on the tail lights and billet gas tank filler cover. Ordered some step bars and a NavTool backup camera that integrates to the factory 430N nav system. (The rear view is blocked by the tire, rear windshield wiper motor, and the tall rear seat headrests)

Very cool! You guys will have a blast with it especially if you have a group of friends to go Jeeping with.

Here's my 79 CJ5. I built it 12 years ago and just this winter got it running again after sitting for 5 years. This was Christmas Day. I took it for a little drive.

That is beautiful, great job! Love that front bumper, I don't think I have seen one like that in chrome.

You sure don't see many Scouts in that shape these days, thats nice! A guy at work has one that is a work in progress currently, only other one I know of at the present time around here.

I bought it from from a fella the lived in claredon Texas. I drove 800 miles one way , 12 hrs one way to get it. That part of Texas is in the pan handle. They're out there, but costly. I love it though

I bought it from from a fella the lived in claredon Texas. I drove 800 miles one way , 12 hrs one way to get it. That part of Texas is in the pan handle. They're out there, but costly. I love it though
Yep, my Mom is from Clarendon :)

No Shit? That's awesome . I live in Tennessee, and drove there it was a nice drive. The guys name was Jody . I can't remember his last name ,but he owns a sign shop there in town

My wife drives a 2006 Rubicon Unlimited and loves it. The Willys is all mine!

Attachments

• untitledwlj.png
    untitledwlj.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 87
No Shit? That's awesome . I live in Tennessee, and drove there it was a nice drive. The guys name was Jody . I can't remember his last name ,but he owns a sign shop there in town
She was born there but they moved to Ft. Worth in the late 30's

381087b66e47c017d8f193b4f4ea80dc.jpg

2013 wrangler sport unlimited 2.5" Rock Krawler lift 35's yada yada. It's the daily driver but I'm sick of it trying to decide on what's next. Love the srt8 Cherokee

97 Wrangler Sport, hardtop, 4.0L 6 cylinder, automatic. Been working on it for the past 3 years fixing little things that turn into big things. Such as: brake issue - have to rebuild entire braking system, injector issue - rebuild entire fuel system, overheating issue - rebuild entire cooling/heating system, just as examples. I believe my little mule was rode hard and put away wet far too often. The to do list keeps growing. It's great for hunting since I'm not putting my Silverado in the woods.

2013 wrangler sport unlimited 2.5" Rock Krawler lift 35's yada yada. It's the daily driver but I'm sick of it trying to decide on what's next. Love the srt8 Cherokee
That's a nice lookin Jeep, we almost went with a white one until my wife looked at the color chart and decided she wanted one that was called "tank" for the color. With the SRT8 Cherokee I would still drive like a mad man. I've been drivin the Jeep alot as my wife is injured and can't go to work, and I have been drivin like an old man and not worrying about people gettin in front of me like I did in the Chally, catching myself doing more than 100 very easily....so it's probably for the best :)

DSC_0334.JPG
DSC_0333.JPG
[/ATTACH]
DSC_0392.JPG
Always loved the Rubicon, Rob.....beautiful Jeep! I love the style. I know your wife is thrilled. Good choice.

I just got a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, fully loaded....and man, with the temperature at 17 degrees today, the heated seats were a gift from heaven!!!! Wow!

It's all black (naturally, like the GN) with metallic flakes in it. I put pinstripes down the sides and a pair of driving lights in front to match the stock driving lights. The thing rides like a Cadillac....first vehicle ever with a sunroof. All wheel drive. So pretty and comfortable that I won't drive it in bad weather.....stupid, huh? Here it's MADE for bad weather, snow, ice, dirt trails and I'm doing all I can to even avoid little water puddles on the road.

I've also got two other Jeeps....an '88 Pioneer, which I drive in bad weather, and a '89 Laredo, which just quit with some short in it......both 4-wheel drive.......I don't know how anyone can live without a Jeep. They are just great......

Bruce '87 Grand National