Wife says, "Go ahead. Get the GTO."

Your reply should be..

"I want something thats actually fast, I'm heading to the SVT dealer"

New Mustang Cobras can be had for under $29,000!!!

The only people walking into Pontiac dealers are the brainwashed ones!!!

13.6? hahaha... My Stock Ford Truck ran 13.5 all stock. GTO Sounds like a Performance car without the Performance. What are you gonna do? Spend 1000 bucks on Headers for 5hp? lol

chip, pulley, filter in a Cobra = 450RWHP :cool:

Originally posted by TTA89
Your reply should be..

"I want something thats actually fast, I'm heading to the SVT dealer"

New Mustang Cobras can be had for under $29,000!!!

The only people walking into Pontiac dealers are the brainwashed ones!!!

13.6? hahaha... My Stock Ford Truck ran 13.5 all stock. GTO Sounds like a Performance car without the Performance. What are you gonna do? Spend 1000 bucks on Headers for 5hp? lol

chip, pulley, filter in a Cobra = 450RWHP :cool:

Yeah but not everybody wants a belly button car (Mustang)..... 13.6 for such a heavy car isn't bad and being an LS1 I'm sure they can easily be made into a 12 or 11 second car with the right mods (few basic bolt-ons for 12's and if you want 11's add a little bit of juice to the equation).... Don't get me wrong the new Cobras are very badass and respond awesome to a few bolt-ons, but they aren't for everybody...... I'm 6'4" 280lbs and let me tell you after sitting in an '02 Mustang I know they aren't for me (I'm just too big to sit comfortably in that car)...... Also, not everybody wants to drive a 6spd and I don't think the new Cobras are going to be offered with an auto trans..... Different strokes for different folks!:) :cool:

:rolleyes: boy that was retarded, please don't turn this board in to LS1.com where everytime somebody mentions a GTO the subject has to change to the 03 Cobra, they are not nearly the car that the GTO is overall. And your stock Lightning ran 14.0s in the mags and the GTO runs 13.6 in the mags wait till a real driver gets ahold of of one to pass judgement. Even still 13.6 is still fast just not compared to the magical mustang Cobra. Congrats on getting the wife to let you get the GTO. They are cool cars man.

Another thing is that they have small block chevys in em- the cheapest motor in the world to build, especially the 350's. My unclegot around 425 rear wheel hp with out spending much at all with his 350 sbc.

The coolest thing GM did with the new GTO is how they stealthily disguised it as a Cavalier! :)

Originally posted by 6765russ
Another thing is that they have small block chevys in em- the cheapest motor in the world to build, especially the 350's.

You couldn't be more wrong. :D

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Is it Spring yet???

:D :D :D

That's really cool. Can she drive a stick? I'm sure she's going to want a turn at the wheel.

Wonder if you can put a deposit down now to lock in a reasonable price? With the usual dealer price hikes, they may cost you a bit more once they actually hit the lots.

You couldn't be more wrong. :D

Wanna bet? there are so many interchangable parts. I the 350ci motor can be taken down to 327ci and 302ci, and can easily be stroked to 383ci. Thats all with the same exact block. Thats why all those Monte Carlo SS guys can kill you guys at the track without spending much money.

Wanna bet? there are so many interchangable parts. I the 350ci motor can be taken down to 327ci and 302ci, and can easily be stroked to 383ci. Thats all with the same exact block. Thats why all those Monte Carlo SS guys can kill you guys at the track without spending much money.

:confused: I love racing Monte Carlo's . Makes my car look so much faster.

Did I miss something? here I thought they put the new LS1 in the GTO not the old school small block they don't make anymore. WOW thanks for the info you must know something the rest of the world does not and you got it here first on TB.com.
Mike

about the post concerning the 350 motor as one of the best yada yada....

ls1's are 346 cubes i believe... not an exact 350 :D

GTOs look sweet... the different color options could get interesting!

enjoy!

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe
:confused: I love racing Monte Carlo's . Makes my car look so much faster.

Oh Christ! :rolleyes:

Everything around here is d!ck measuring contest.
Supras suck.
Cobra Mustangs suck.
Monte Carlo SSs suck.
and so on...

Yes, the Buick Grand National is God's gifts to the automotive world. And happens to be your Big Black Penis Extension. :rolleyes:

As for 6765russ, he clearly fell off of his tractor and onto the internet. Get real, 99% of the MCSSs on the road are stock, rusty or have half of the Summit catalogue under the hood stock on the stock L69.

I have one of each so I can have whatever opinion I want. :p :D

Originally posted by Turbonics
The coolest thing GM did with the new GTO is how they stealthily disguised it as a Cavalier! :)
You're not kidding there. I know the whole 'looks thing' with these GTOs has been hashed out before but I have to tell you... After finally seeing one in person at the SEMA show...BLECHHH!! :eek: Get me a bucket! :eek: I really want to like this car to as it embodies most of the elements we hold dear in a mid-size, RWD, performance car but unless they totally rebody that thing, I would never lay down hard-earned cash for one.

I haven't read the rules around here latley but is there one that allows account deletion for stupidity? :rolleyes:

Go do a search for LS1 and read about it. It has ZERO in common with the old school redneck motor your talking about. Well actually the thing they do have in common is they are both made by GM.

GTO

We're gonna buy one, I just checked out the latest motor trend with specs....

#1 the test drivers CANT drive, the GTO will go 12s with someone in the seat that knows WTF they're doing...

6spd? I'm not too fond of this unit because I've been through 3 GM units and a GM unit with viper clusters..... I'd bash the tunnel and cram a 4l80e in there.

Imagine what a 3300 lb car can do with RWD an LS1, heads/cam/ls6 intake and a pair of To4e's??? I bet half the Fbodys out there would piss their pants...

:cool: :cool: :cool: its gonna be a bad biotch! who cares if it looks like a cavailier? your GN looks like a monte carlo:eek: ;) besides cavailiers are 2800lbs;)

I haven't read the rules around here latley but is there one that allows account deletion for stupidity? :rolleyes:

Go do a search for LS1 and read about it. It has ZERO in common with the old school redneck motor your talking about. Well actually the thing they do have in common is they are both made by GM.

Ok, all GM small blocks have the basics interchangable; thats the point I was trying to make. I personally take offensce at you calling the 350 a redneck motor. I would like to know how it is a "redneck" motor.

And for the guy who said the thing about the Montes, I wasn't saying that they were good stock. I will admit that they had pretty sh!ty perfomance out of the box- the piont I was tryiing to make was that you could MODIFY them to have excedingly good perfomance.

Ok, all GM small blocks have the basics interchangable; thats the point I was trying to make.

the piont I was tryiing to make was that you could MODIFY them to have excedingly good perfomance.

1) Other than the fluids... what exactly is interchangable between a Gen I, Gen II, and Gen III Small Block? :confused:

2) I could make my Mom's '89 323 perform better than a Viper, but I am in the low percentile, as are all the fools with their "hot rod" Monte Carlos. Dog slow, the lot of them.

(It is fun to hate on your own ;) )

its seems to get lost in the turbobuick world but any car in the 13's and lower for the street is pretty darn fast. the faster they make that car from the factory, the more you are gonna pay upfront when you can get it cheaper with less power and upgrade it yourself at a better price. Also with more factory power ratings the more insurance is gonna be. Maybe they typical TR owner doesn't think its gonna be fast but to your average car buyer, thats about all they can handle. Look how many LS1 powered f-bodys and vettes are wrecked!!!