Wife&Hubby Battle! 03Cobra/GN

1chance

Well been holding this for a while. Had my GN for about 3yrs, and always work to perfect it. My wife calls it my B!tch, and hate the fact that Im always working on it. She said she wanted a toy(FORD FAN) so I went down to the Ford Dealer, and told them Im not a Ford fan, but the only Ford I would get was a 03, or newer Cobra. Guy said he had a 03 at another dealer, with low miles. Car came it is beautiful Torch Red Convert, black top. Someone put work in on this pulleys, 3inch exhuast, tune. My wife have driven the GN, but I always turn it down when she get it, so she said it has power, but the mustang will kill you! She is a race fan, and can drive a stick. So I tell her, don't get to big for your pants, I may have to show you what she will do! She throws down a challenge who ever lose, has to wash, and wax the others car! I said deal, being Im the only one who does it anyway. We go to my test road, and I tell her where the line is, now I know this Cobra, can out MPH my car, but I can et 2tenths faster on a good day, so if I get the jump I can win.
We line up, and my God you would think she was John Force, and that cobra screaming like a demon with those flows. We line up, she say you got to go the first time, or you lose! I agree, I say on the count of 3 we go. I hear her RPM rise, I bring up my boost 1...2. she gone!!:eek: I launch hard trying to re gain ground, between shift's I pull to her door, she looks over and smile, and give's the cobra more, and start inching on me. I reach down to the manual boost knob I installed the day before, and sssswoooosh, I pull like a train! I win by a fender:biggrin:. Her reaction was:eek:, and swear I must have installed NOS. My car is black, and shiney now.

I think I would have gone for more than my car waxed.:D

Yes the car is very strong.

Any more details on the cobra mods? Is it pullied? Makes a world of difference on a stock eaton car. This was an interesting thread for me, I own both cars and I really want to figure out a way to run them against one another lol. 1/4 will be close I think, anything past that or a highway pull I think the cobra would pull the gn the way that they sit right now....oh yeah, next time get video!

Any more details on the cobra mods? Is it pullied? Makes a world of difference on a stock eaton car. This was an interesting thread for me, I own both cars and I really want to figure out a way to run them against one another lol. 1/4 will be close I think, anything past that or a highway pull I think the cobra would pull the gn the way that they sit right now....oh yeah, next time get video!

Where do you live I'll drive one for ya. :eek:

Damn good story, always wondered who would win between a GN and A 03/04 COBRA. I got a coworker who had a all black one that swears it will beat any car in the squadron. Im going on deployment in 5 days but when I get back Im gonna put some work in on my GN and put him to the test. Post pics if you got em.

Stock 03/04 Cobra's can be tuned and driven into the 12's pretty easy. Then once you start adding bolt on goodies to really up their oomph, they go 11's and faster pretty easily.
I have more respect for the 03/04 Cobra's than I do the GT500 Cobra's.

When I was running around with a 12 second tune, I got beat twice by 03/04 Cobra's. One got me when my head gaskets were going a couple years back. I was running on 4.5 cylinders basically...it was also hot day and my engine was at about 210deg...I had not business messing around...did it anyway...I have no self control...paid the price......but the other one was a good healthy race between two 12 second cars (at the time) and he pulled me at the top ater we stayed door to door.
I'm biding my time...waiting for another match up....I see them here and there, but have not been lined up with one under "safe and responsible" conditions in a very long time.

I've never lost to a GT500...click the link in my sig for my run against the fastest one I've personally seen so far. Spanked it.:biggrin:

The Cobra is no joke, It gets 13lbs boost, and I got M/T drag radials on it. On top end there no running with it. I can cruse at 100mph in 6th gear at 2500-3000 Rpm. The way the 3inch Bassni exhaust sounds is almost scarey.