Wide wheels an tires and frame notching

cutluse231

Ok this G-force , canyon carving , thing has bit me..

I like the looks of tucking as much meat as possible , into and under those rear wheel wells, and still be streetable.
and NOT look like a Pro Street car

Heath Elmer's, black T-type and his recent Silver and BlAck T-type is the kind of stance and wheel size I was looking for.
Or that 200 mph T-Type.
No GNX fender flares..

Ive heard that his frame was notched to fit those rear wheels, and maybe some mini tubbing was done.

I want to know besides those wheels he runs ,are there others that where built and designed for the road course, Ive looked at Budnik's, Boyd's and others I will have to admit the ones I like, they are killer looking, but they are billet and subject to bend easily if not careful from what I've heard.

I want to run nothing bigger than a 17" and have it fill the wheel well openings. And I can bring myself to notch my frame.

What pics or suggestions do you guys have or rim backspacing , widths and tire sizes?
PROS ??? CONS???

I have a 82 Regal(in 87 T-Type sheetmetal) with a Buick 455, I run headers, so lowering it might be limited.
As it sits now, in the front (on the stock worn v6 springs) it is as low as think it should be for addequate header clearance.

I'm running a 8.5 rear end from a GN.

Any suggested suspension upgrades, other than the usual, poly,B-body spindle, bigger brakes, and those front frame supports?

Thanks