Wide band or maf translator?

josh rosaaen

I was looking into getting a lc1 wideband and 6.1 turbo tweak chip. Or would it be more beneficial to get a translator and ls1 maf. Or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you running now? A translator allows easier part availabllity for a maf. I'm not up on what a 6.1 tt chip has over the 5.6/5.7 version. A wide band surely helps with tuning. Are you using a powerlogger?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a power logger and the 5.7 tt chip with a stock maf. I believe the 6.1 lets you run a closed loop off the wide band reading with the power logger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 6.1 with a wide band. Works good. My MAF started to glitch towards the end of the season dropping from 255 to 23 at wot. I will be going with a ls1 and a translator in the spring. The 6.1 is only reading the wide band at wide open throttle and uses the stock O2 for everything else. If the stock MAF still works you can get away without the translator and MAF update.

Ya, ran one for years with no issuss. I would try the aem inline if I was to by another.

I like the AEM that comes with a gauge which is also the brainbox. I like the TT chips as well. Remember you need a powerlogger too.

Turbo Tweak sells them , chip & wide band , pay for shipping once.

If upgrading the maf amd wide bandI would upgrade to gen 2 or pro to have the ability of wide band correction as a option

I'm sorry , I thought I got mine from Eric . I must have purchased my AEM wideband from Summit (free shipping over $100) because none of our vendors sell it.

Get the wideband and TT 6 chip. He used to sell the whole combo thats how I got it, not sure what happened. I have the AEM wideband gauge and TT 6.1. I've gone mid 10's @ 130+ mph in the 1/4 on a stock MAF with both screens still in it. I had a Gen2 translator, but you have to have their chip in order to take advantage of the wideband tracking and a plug n play harness. You do get to adjust fueling and spark more than the TT and powerlogger setup. My idle was perfect with a Gen2 back in the day. If I had to do this all over again, get a plug n play XFI from Hartline.

I'm sorry , I thought I got mine from Eric . I must have purchased my AEM wideband from Summit (free shipping over $100) because none of our vendors sell it.

Just found GBodyParts sells the AEM wideband.