Why won't Eagle make forged rods for us??

You people just don't seem to understand the difference between race parts and stock replacement parts. This is a race part , no such thing as a drop in race part. To many people in the TR community just aren't appreciative of the vendors to such a small community(low volume = not alot of profit). If you can't hang ,suck it up and move on.

Originally posted by pitch black
You people just don't seem to understand the difference between race parts and stock replacement parts. This is a race part , no such thing as a drop in race part. To many people in the TR community just aren't appreciative of the vendors to such a small community(low volume = not alot of profit). If you can't hang ,suck it up and move on.

:rolleyes:

OUCH! VERY HARSH......but very true!!!!:D

I am not complaining but if the crank in already in the CNC machine why cann't eagle machine it at that point. One more step in the cnc program and the crank would be right. I hate to take a brand new crank to a FORD,CHEVY brand xxx shop and have it messed up. At least Nick is doing a favor by taking that step further and making it right. Thankyou Nick!

Originally posted by SPOOLN
I am not complaining but if the crank in already in the CNC machine why cann't eagle machine it at that point. One more step in the cnc program and the crank would be right. I hate to take a brand new crank to a FORD,CHEVY brand xxx shop and have it messed up. At least Nick is doing a favor by taking that step further and making it right. Thankyou Nick!

Why can't more people understand this exact point?

I totally agree with you.

Originally posted by NJTurbo
Then everyone wonders why we have limited vendors.

Wait another 5 years:(

As time goes by they are becoming less and less profitable for vendors because...........
Most people that own them and are interested in doing mods, have already done so.

I think if any vendor wants to make some good money, they would come out with brand new blocks/cranks/rods or complete off the shelf motors and not expect to get there R/D money back in a year..........anotherwords sell them at a reasonable cost where people could afford to buy 2 and keep one as a spare..........but that ain't going to happen!

As far as the cranks go, maybe Eagle needs a middle man........ a competent machine shop to get these cranks to be a true bolt in deal.........There's an idea for someone!
Then all cranks would be bought from that particular shop (at an increased cost of course) and they would warrenty it for machine work.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
As time goes by they are becoming less and less profitable for vendors because...........
Most people that own them and are interested in doing mods, have already done so.

I think if any vendor wants to make some good money, they would come out with brand new blocks/cranks/rods or complete off the shelf motors and not expect to get there R/D money back in a year..........anotherwords sell them at a reasonable cost where people could afford to buy 2 and keep one as a spare..........but that ain't going to happen!

As far as the cranks go, maybe Eagle needs a middle man........ a competent machine shop to get these cranks to be a true bolt in deal.........There's an idea for someone!
Then all cranks would be bought from that particular shop (at an increased cost of course) and they would warrenty it for machine work.

Need Nick number?

This is not a stock replacement crank. Its a really good value race crank before you step up to the high dollar cranks. Its was intended as an internal balance , not external like the stock crank. If your building a replacement motor find a good used or nos crank. If your building a race motor then this is a good budget crank(not that you can call any race motor budget). If you thought it was cheap to go fast, sorry, someone told you wrong.

This is not a stock replacement crank. Its a really good value race crank before you step up to the high dollar cranks. Its was intended as an internal balance , not external like the stock crank. If your building a replacement motor find a good used or nos crank. If your building a race motor then this is a good budget crank(not that you can call any race motor budget). If you thought it was cheap to go fast, sorry, someone told you wrong.

That's not the point people here are trying to make, and I do believe everyone here knows it's not cheap to go fast.

Eagle could do the necessary work to these cranks for them to be a "bolt-in" product, but they don't. People here are just wondering why not.

Most race parts are not 100% drop in. There always more prep work for the specific application. Unfortunately this was not intended as a "bolt-in".If they were to do more machining then the price would go up and you would be in the same boat financially(and people would then complain that the price went up
). My point is be happy they are producing anything for us and not nit pick about the small things. We are lucky when anyone produces products for small community.

Originally posted by Cheeseburger
What for??:confused:
So you can buy a crank from a competent Buick guy and not have to take it to an xxx shop to have it get messed up.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
So you can buy a crank from a competent Buick guy and not have to take it to an xxx shop to have it get messed up.

I do not need one at all, was just voicing my opinion.

These are race parts, A good GM crank or crowler is North of $2000.00. For $600.00 get the feathers off your ass and have it machined.

You guys have to see how much work goes into a Stage Engine, they are NOT drop in either:cool:

I was just happy to see someone step-up and make them. Guess now we are all screwed:(

No way they aren't going to make the cranks any more? Thats bad news to hear. You can't beat 600 dollars plus some machining work. I hope they take that off hold real soon. I'd like to do quite a bit of motor work over winter. And i'd love to get my hands on a crank.

The bitter taste of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of a low price.

Eagle should either be very clear that it is not a drop in...or they should make it a drop in and charge what they must in order to do it right. If that means raising the price another 100 bucks then so be it. Just make it fit for the average dummy.

Here's a stupid question..... anyone have any idea how many cranks Eagle has produced so far ???

When was the last time you saw any Eagle product be a "direct drop in"? If any one expected that then they obviously have never used their parts before. Eagle stuff is pretty good but never a drop in.

I hope they dont stop making the Buick crank..if so i will be buying some of the last stuff around...
:(

Originally posted by BlownZ
The bitter taste of poor quality lasts far longer than the sweetness of a low price.

Eagle should either be very clear that it is not a drop in...or they should make it a drop in and charge what they must in order to do it right. If that means raising the price another 100 bucks then so be it. Just make it fit for the average dummy.

When is the last time you saw a BMSports block that was a drop in? I dont want to get wrapped up in this battle, basically, I can make the Eagle cranks ready to rock including bearings for internally balanced engines for a very reasonable price compared to the high rent stuff as I am sure Nick and many others can as well. If you have one of these POS Eagle cranks and you dont want it, I will purchase it from you.
If you are price shopping, sell your Buick......