Why to buy American DP

my dad just inspected a lumina with 417,xxx miles. im so sick of people with their jap crap saying my car lasts forever blah blah blah... parts are more expensive and there is no skirting around that issue.

my dad just inspected a lumina with 417,xxx miles. im so sick of people with their jap crap saying my car lasts forever blah blah blah... parts are more expensive and there is no skirting around that issue.

agreed. jap cars are JUNK throw-away cars! no class! TURDS! especially toyotas!!

Yeah, I don't disagree there are some domestics that will last the time, but on average they don't. Sad, but true. :(

I'm sure there is 100,000 Luminas in the junkyard for every one that still runs with 400k miles. I'm just saying the "jap crap" from the 80's and 90's has outlasted the domestics, on average. The used car market is a prime example, as mentioned earlier, tons of domestics priced/worth half the same yr/comparable "jap crap" model.

I have no doubts that the domestics have been closing the gap, but it is still very present in the used car market.

Used up cars

I have a very good friend who sells the very cars that your talking about . There a lot of domestic cars and trucks that have 250,000 to 350,000 miles on them and still look and run good . The buing public walks past them , to the asian import almost every time . I do not believe it has any thing to do with cars but what people think they are getting when they buy something. Thanks for listening . Bobby.

the used car market is the way it is because of urban legends and propaganda that asian cars are so much better than american which they AREN'T!!!

people went out and bought hyundais like crazy because of their warranty....

TOMMY BOY said:
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing too]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

the used car market is the way it is because of urban legends and propaganda that asian cars are so much better than american which they AREN'T!!!

people went out and bought hyundais like crazy because of their warranty....

How do we prove/confirm opinions ... we can't. Just as we say one country's automobiles are superior over another, its all just an opinionated statement. Opinions and A-holes ... everyone has one & thinks everyone elses stinks.

All manufactures have good ideas along with bad. Over the years the Japanese Auto market has been gaining respect & value even faster than our domestics have been losing it. Sad but true, and one of the reasons the big three are having such a hard time now.

If people want to compare Japanese to American resale values, compare apples to apples.

A '94 Supra sells for what in 2009?

A '94 Corvette sells for what in 2009?

Both were $45K sports cars when they were new, but today you can buy 2 '94 corvettes for what a Supra will cost you in the same condition.

That doesn't mean all Japanese cars better than American cars, but it shows that blanket statements that Import cars suck are silly.

If people want to compare Japanese to American resale values, compare apples to apples.

A '94 Supra sells for what in 2009?

A '94 Corvette sells for what in 2009?

Both were $45K sports cars when they were new, but today you can buy 2 '94 corvettes for what a Supra will cost you in the same condition.

That doesn't mean all Japanese cars better than American cars, but it shows that blanket statements that Import cars suck are silly.

Exactly. x2

thats not apples to apples... supply and demand. WAY more corvettes were sold than supras. 3488 supras compares to 23330 corvettes in 1994... HORRIBLE COMPARISON

thats not apples to apples... supply and demand. WAY more corvettes were sold than supras. 3488 supras compares to 23330 corvettes in 1994... HORRIBLE COMPARISON

ok, well look at the 1998 Civic and Cavalier for true market value today. (there where many more Civics produced)

1998 Honda Civic units 321,267
$3,336 - $4,591

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier units 238,861
$1,688 - $2,661

These are two models from class for both brands. "Jap Crap" has a value nearly double after 10 or so years.

ok, well look at the 1998 Civic and Cavalier for true market value today. (there where many more Civics produced)

1998 Honda Civic units 321,267
$3,336 - $4,591

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier units 238,861
$1,688 - $2,661

These are two models from class for both brands. "Jap Crap" has a value nearly double after 10 or so years.
artificially inflated by the sub compact crowd and the presumed gas mileage advantage. all this propaganda about global warming mixed with the false belief that US cars are gas hogs and pollution deamons... i'd take a cavi over a civic anyday. i've seen the power of ecotech...:biggrin:

Dear Mr. BMF Racing. You can be model specific and show any #'s you want but in real life a Stanza and a Taurus bring about the same money. Thanks Bobby .

If you really want to see the truth about JAP cars go to their service station and watch the cars lined up for various issues and these are new cars under warranty. I will post pics of this. the lines are around the block. Of course you know that all the mags are against the American automaker. It really is ashame what has happened to the American car industry. Going the way of the Steel industry. Bethlehem etc. In fact most of you dont realize that SLOAN Kettering hospital in NYC was named after 2 gm chairman of the board.

The cadillac plant that rolled out the tanks that helped us beat the Japs and Germans in ww2. Maybe i am ranting but i am truly disgusted.

i'd take a cavi over a civic anyday. i've seen the power of ecotech...:biggrin:

It just unfortinate for the US automakers that most of the US public don't feel the same way, otherwise we would not need for the bailouts, the Japanese automakers would need help.

what happends when that reliable import snaps a timing belt...haha bent valves for the loss!! the japaneese are sneaky...they bombed us once why do people trust them now. they know they cant muscle us so they tore apart our country from the inside out. why do people believe crap like consumer reports? they will bow to who ever gives them the most money... people used to bribe DJ's to play their records...and you dont think major corporations would do the same with their cars? haha.. fact is is cost more money to make repairs on an import than domestic.

Consumer Reports is garbage. in there latest edition they have the GMC Yukon/ Chevy Tahoe, and GMC Yukon XL/ Chevy Suburban w/ different ratings for reliability and driveabiliity, etc. There built in the same plant and they are almost identical aside from wheel base. Also they have the tahoe/yukon w/ a 14 MPG average. I own an 07 Yukon w/ 20K miles on it. The average MPG since 0 miles is 16.2 MPG and that's w/ me driving mostly city and very hard (IE pedal to the metal from every stop). on top of that they have the Toyota Sequia w/ better fuel economy. Every magazine comparison motor trend, car and driver, etc have had it much worse. I don't believe a word they write.

PS- the Japanese manufactures are hurting bad too, but they make more profit on their vehicles than US manufactures. They also have more (meaning more volume of cars not better economy) fuel efficient models on the market than the big3. Things are going to even out when all the model lineups for the US mfgs change, I HOPE!

Jap junk

The only people who love the jap crap cars are the auto mechanics who work overtime working on them.I see endless jap crap cars broken down on the streets and highways.Ever wonder why they have the highest rate of theft? Its because people who steal those cars take them to chop shops and are stripped for the parts.If the jap crap cars were so reliable why would anyone steal parts off of them?
The japs have been trying to copy everything the Americans make.Just remember the atom bomb made in the U.S.A. and tested in Japan.

Turbo Tom

How bout comparing a 1987 Buick GN resale with a 1987 Toyota Supra resale? Were all here because we love TRs period. Do you guys remember seeing the news press video of the GNX where some Buick pr manager was praising Buick for building the GNX? I was proud of that guy and how he presented himself and Buick back then. I also remember seeing all those pics of those line workers signing the last GNs engine and turbo shield. I might be wrong but they seemed proud of what they were doing. Things seemed allot simpler back then. Am I wrong or did I hear that Toyota asked for a bail out some weeks ago?