Why the Boss is Mad at me.

Texas gn

Well, it has been awhile since I have posted a kill. And it has been worth the wait! My boss is one of those guys that can’t stand to lose at anything….ever. He has done everything and always comes out on top, so he says. Here is the story, He buys a brand new 2010 Challenger R/t and basically declares it the fastest thing on wheels because it cost almost 50k and it has a Hemi and DRs. Well, is was not long after that there was a few slow comments made about my “old 87 black Buick 6 banger GN gangster car” as they put it. Now I had to be carefully how I handled this because my career is possibly at stake…right? :biggrin:LOL
Anyways after several weeks of severe verbal beatings from the executive top dogs ( which include several C5 corvettes a M5 and a new Camaro) my old 30k GN and I decided that enough was enough. I said “the racetrack is just on the other side of town….prove it” To my surprise he took the bait hook line and sinker. I went outside popped the hood and checked the Alky level gave the RJC Boost controller a couple of turns and said follow me. When we got to the track we were the first ones there and pulled up to the light tree. A few seconds later the tree said go and it was already all over. The old 87 black Buick 6 banger GN gangster car ran a 12.2 @ 116mph on street tires and the super-fast 50k car ran a 13.9 @ 101 mph. After that I watched him make pass after pass with little improvement. I did mention at one time that same evening that they had some Gn’s and T ’types for sale on eBay. Since then he has invested thousands of dollars still trying to catch that “old car”. For weeks after that I invite them all to go to the track but they are always to busy. Humm, maybe it is the new set MT’s on the back of the old car that has them scared?:confused:

Good Kill!! Even tho it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the race I wonder why he didn't buy a SRT8...the R/T is a slug...SRT should be a 13.0 car stock (assuming the driver doesn't hold it back).

Isn't it great watching someone go from being a non-believer to believer? He'll be seeing your tail lights in his nightmares..LOL.;)

Ha!
Good kill.:D

Bosses around here won't get near my GN with their cars...
They all have seen the video's (I was featured in the company online news magazine since my hobby is cars and racing so video's of me ripping 11's are all over the company )and heard the first hand witness accounts from folks who came to the track to watch me.
One guy came to the track in his C5 Z06 last year to race me....after he saw me run a 11.88 (his best that day before I got there was a 12.8) he packed up and left....wouldn't even run me. I finished that day with a couple 11.6's

One of the VP's just bought a Ferrari...I called him out....he got a worried look on his face :frown: and ran back to his office:biggrin:

I've been here for 10 years and have worked for my CEO/Pres for 15 years at different companies so I get to pick on all the VP's...they know I'm a fixture and all respect me...so its all in fun.

Reminded me of a story.....

In the late 80's, I had a 73 Mercury Capri with a 66 289 and a toploader 4 speed. One of the big bosses had a new Corvette. I asked him many times if he would like to run them. He always refused, but told me to look out for that engineer with the black car in the back of the parking lot. That thing would eat us both.

Yes, 87 GN. It went up for sale in 92. We bought it and it is still in my garage. The wife's hot rod. When she did not want me to mess with it anymore I got my own in 94.

Mark E.

Those are all great comments! Thanks.....Hey if you want to see the run go to youtube and search "87 buick grand national vs 09 challenger rt ( Glen's 12 sec run)" by the way..Damn right i recorded it! Anytime it is brought up i can say " I have the video right here"!!:biggrin:

Awesome story... I am on the fence about trading my GN for a 72 BB Nova. I think this story just knocked me back onto the right side of the fence. Alky will be going on this weekend and a new cam, springs, and converter this winter.

1fast6 - Know where you're coming from. I grew up in the late 60's (what a time) and had several big block vettes including a L-88. IF you are into the nostalgia, noise, adrenalin from the sounds, etc, the old big blocks can't be beat, BUT 15 or so years ago I came over to the dark side and would have a tough time going back. I think it is the uniqueness and what I call 'the piss off factor'. It's a f-----g 6 cyl? I just paid 50 K for this vette.

Nice kill! Bet they will think twice before racing one of those "gangsta cars" again. :eek:

the RT is no track car but pretty mean on the highway. $50k tho.... shoulda got a GT500 for that kinda coin. bolt-ons will bring the GT500 to about 550 to the wheels.

Had one of those challenger R/T's test me a couple weeks back. Lets just say it turned out just like your video..All he heard was that turbo winding up and the GN's tail lights....LOL When will they learn :)

i got a similiar problem with a young whipper shnapper at my job with a pretty red gti he braggs about his chipped VW. He says he cant wait till i get my car out of the body shop he says he's going to play with my old "gangster" buick..i live in miami so every buick has a crazy paint scheme with 24 inch wheels and a 350 small block with a huge cam that really dont go anywhere but he thinks he's going to run circles around my buick cant wait till my ol yeller is outa the paint shop and terrorizing again..i will def post that kill might even video it..

Talked to a guy at the track a couple of weeks ago that had a GTI. It was a nice looking car and he was cool. He know it wasn't fast, ran a 15.3. We talked a while about the TBs and he understood about them. He did mention the chip upgrade for the GTI and it added something like 100hp with no other mods. Said its the European tune from the factory. They tone it down for the US since they have high octain over there and they tune it for 91 here. Either way it looked like a fun dailey driver with some go and handling.

Overall I'm not that impessed with the performance of the SRT8. Lots of money to spend first then more to get it to go. I do like the look of it. The new Camaro and Challenger both need to go on a serious diet. Too fat.

yea i know the gti's are nice and they run real nice cant beat the handling! honestly my girl has a 5 cyl jetta which is pretty quick for n/a.. but regardless he shouldnt brag about running circles around a turbo buick? someone (me) needs to show him these buick's arent nothin to mess with..also he should respect the fact that these buick's paved the way in factory turbocharged vehicles..so in 1987 it was a fast car and still is. he really just thinks im another v8 guy who doesnt believe in 4 bangers which isn't true i appreciate technology/power/fuel economy that those smaller engines have but their's just something but my little v6 that i rather have than a gti? don't know what it is maybe because my car has a little science and a little magic?

Awesome story... I am on the fence about trading my GN for a 72 BB Nova. I think this story just knocked me back onto the right side of the fence. Alky will be going on this weekend and a new cam, springs, and converter this winter.

Hey...check my sig....
I have way more fun in the GN then I do in my 68 Camaro with it's ZZ502.

Don't get me wrong...love the Camaro, but the GN is just much easier to drive around on the street and little things bring so much more power out of it.
Plus....no carburetor fits....:biggrin:

Hey...check my sig....
I have way more fun in the GN then I do in my 68 Camaro with it's ZZ502.

Don't get me wrong...love the Camaro, but the GN is just much easier to drive around on the street and little things bring so much more power out of it.
Plus....no carburetor fits....:biggrin:

I agree, I also have a 67 RS SS Convertible Camaro which is a lot of fun but it guzzles high octane like it is going out of style…..oh yea it is! I live 25 miles from work so I don’t drive it as much as I would like. Anyways the Buick is the perfect fit

Good kill! As much as I like all of the new pony cars, I don't want to buy any of them. Like someone else already said; they're too fat.