Why leave WI?

TurboDave

I have about 6 cousins that live in or around that area. Rutledge, I believe. 2 of them have some Serious cars in the Floyd Garrett museum. If anyone ever goes there look for Clarence Thompsons cars---A Shelby GT 500--67 or 68 and some others. Pretty county--grew up just across the Gap (Cumberland Gap) in KY. Hoping to move to BG soon.

This is the same reason my parents moved us from Pa to knox Tn 20 years ago winters! The only thing I am worndering Why Sieverville traffic sux all the time I do alot of work in that area and alot of cursing while driving in and out.lol

Well, I'm only in Sevierville for Post Office purposes. I'm not really "in" Sevierville.
I live on Boyd's Creek Highway only 4 miles from Chapman Hwy. Just barely outside if Seymour. Not much traffic here. LOOOOWWWWW taxes!!!!

but after 2 months shoveling/freezin/ sliding through stops signs, wheel wells packed with ice, etc...it sux.

2 Months?..LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :(
Man it hasnt stopped snowing since Nov, seen two 40 degree days since then, the rest its been 20 and under.

March aint lookin real shiny either and from the looks of things..We will break the all time snow record since keeping track.

Tenn is looking real good, and since I cant take summers in FL and dont speak the language...Bristol Tenn sounds real nice

thats why we live in lenior city on the other side of west knox low taxes can't afford knox co. wheel tax and raised property taxes:eek:

tennessee

My son, grand children, two brothers, two sisters, nephews, neices and gobs of cousins live in overton co, near dale hollow lake, i moved to indiana 50 years ago dam im old, i go visit about 4 times per year, i love the mountains but im stuck up here in the frozen waste land,:confused:

This is the same reason my parents moved us from Pa to knox Tn 20 years ago winters! The only thing I am worndering Why Sieverville traffic sux all the time I do alot of work in that area and alot of cursing while driving in and out.lol

You can thank Dolly for the traffic!

You can thank Dolly for the traffic!

I think it's more directed at the Smokey Mountains then Dollywood. The smokeys are the most visited park in the country. Parents lived about 5 min from Dollywood and traffic was still quite painful even when Dollywood was not open.

And a state tax at I believe 5% for dividend and interest income. No other state income tax.

That's nice in retirement.

I think it's more directed at the Smokey Mountains then Dollywood. The smokeys are the most visited park in the country. Parents lived about 5 min from Dollywood and traffic was still quite painful even when Dollywood was not open.

And a state tax at I believe 5% for dividend and interest income. No other state income tax.

That's nice in retirement.

Yeah not a dirrect result of Dollywood its self. She has put alot into the economy in that whole area though from Savierville all the way to Gatlinberg. It is a positive thing for the area. I live a couple of hours away and have been going to that area since the early 80's. It has changed emincely since then with her "name" being a great contributor. There has been many companies move in and many improvements to the area as a dirrect result of that influence and the draw of that park. The "rod run" aint bad either:cool:

Snow in WI

For Madison WI, normal snowfall for the season is just under 50 inches
From today's paper NORMAL season to date is 39.8", current snowfall season to date is 89.8". Thank God I had enough of my broken down 20" snowblower and found a 42" model for my JD mower last fall.

David

Yeah not a dirrect result of Dollywood its self. She has put alot into the economy in that whole area though from Savierville all the way to Gatlinberg. It is a positive thing for the area. I live a couple of hours away and have been going to that area since the early 80's. It has changed emincely since then with her "name" being a great contributor. There has been many companies move in and many improvements to the area as a dirrect result of that influence and the draw of that park. The "rod run" aint bad either:cool:

Yea my father would tell me that they would have some huge car shows in the hotel parking lots of the main drag of like over a thousand cars.

Gatlinburg was like heaven on earth. What a neat little town at the bottom of the mountain. There was a small shop there with indian artifacts and paintings. They were real expensive but breathtaking. Other then the traffic that is one of the nicest places I have ever visted.

A small quaint little town at the foothills of the Smokeys with great shops is a place few could ever get sick of. I never got a chance to see the aquarium. I hear its really nice. They have had some serious droughts there over the last few years tho. Lake Douglas (think that was the name) was almost dry from what my parents told me and the streams around Gatlinburg as you drive up the mountain were also dry.

That area is only like a hour or so from U of tenn. Have not ruled that place out for a vacation in the next year or so. Nor a place to retire to.

1 day a year stay out of town during the parade and opening of dollywood season I made that mistake 1 year took me 2 1/2 hours to get through town towing a 26 foot sawmill.

I'd bet the tourests just thought you were part of the parade...:)