Why I have a gun

87GNSteve

Just another pretty face....
I don't have a gun to kill people.
I have a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't have a gun to scare people.
I have a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't have a gun because I'm paranoid.
I have a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't have a gun because I'm evil.
I have a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't have a gun because I hate the government.
I have a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't have a gun because I'm angry.
I have a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't have a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I have a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on the floor in the hallway tomorrow night.

I don't have a gun to make me feel like a man.
I have a gun because real men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't have a gun because I feel inadequate.
I have a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am totally inadequate.

I don't have a gun because I love it.
I have because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Personally I have a gun because I am too young to die and too old to take an ash whippin'.
I don't shoot to kill, I shoot to live!

I don't have a gun because I love it.
I have because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

I disagree, I love it.

Very well said Steve.With all the crazies,road rage and other types of idiots out there,I never leave without packing one weapon or two.Bars and clubs aren't allowed weapons inside.Everyelse ,Ive got one on me.

Just keep in mind, like I have to, all the trouble, huge amounts of money you'll need, time, judge's decision on whether you were justified in shooting someone.......you will have to go through pure hell to prove your innocence.......and lots of money.......it's such a terrifying thing to think about.......you'll have pure hell to pay if the judge, or a stupid attorney for the victim proves you wrong......then it's a permanent record, jail time, and high fines........and all because one was protecting his life, or his loved one's life......it's too damn bad it's this way in this country.

The split second you have to decide to fire or not fire could count against you if you're wrong......think about it.......I do.........all the time........I never leave home without my firearm, but this probability of me getting into so much legal trouble for trying to protect myself worries me.......I hate jail..

Bruce '87 Grand National

I guess you can eat yourself up, wondering "what if"..VS remembering that getting dead is a forever thing.

Yeah, Chuck....you've got a good point there......I guess it's the "being in prison for a very long time" thing worries me a lot. Guess I've got some serious thinking still to do.....but, good point anyway you made. I do agree with you.

Bruce '87 Grand National