why can't I turn fuel pres. below 34lbs?

TulsaGN

I thought it might be the fuel pressure regulator, so I bought a new one and that wasn't it. So I am looking for suggestions to try and solve the problem. A little info: Red's double xp+ pumps, 55lbs injectors, stock fuel lines. Thanks......Brian from Tulsa

Trying to lean it out. Right now I'm running about 19lbs of boost and my O2's are around 830. Makes my spoolup slower and also less power. Also, if I go ahead and try to lower the pressure, even thought my guage won't register anything lower than 34, the car backfires thru the intake when I floor it. If I ease into it really slow it will go fine, but if I hit it, boom. I also have a new gauge, for your info.

Originally posted by TulsaGN
Trying to lean it out. Right now I'm running about 19lbs of boost and my O2's are around 830. Makes my spoolup slower and also less power. Also, if I go ahead and try to lower the pressure, even thought my guage won't register anything lower than 34, the car backfires thru the intake when I floor it. If I ease into it really slow it will go fine, but if I hit it, boom. I also have a new gauge, for your info.
830@ 19 lbs doesn't seem too far off. If it is real rich down low it sounds like you need some chip or tuning adjustments done. What shape are the injectors in? The plugs don't look like one is going haywire does it?

One other thing it could be is your second pump is staying on. Maybe the Hobbs has malfunctioned and with both pumps going it is overloading your system. One reason I prefer the ATR kit like I have, nice indicator light to tell you what is going on!:D

TulsaGN,

Just curious - what turbo are you running on your stock block??
Did your current fuel setup fuel your 10 second pass?? Have you changed anything since your best mph of 129???

A backfire indicates it is lean already. The injectors will not finction correctly once you go below a certain point