Why are old cars so cold natured?

Or better yet some t stats come with a hole already in them to bypass a little bit of coolant.

Forget the carb...

A nice LS2 will go right in their. They sell all the items needed for the conversion. ;)

Sweet car. If you will be street driving the car at all you need a T-stat.

A properly tuned Holley should give you no problems. I have and still do run holleys for years. 2 pumps and they fire right up.

If you need any help, holler. I'm local. Would love to see the car as well!

I have heard of the "No T-stat will run hot" thing. Been around cars for a couple days and here is what I have been led to believe.
1. With out a 'stat the water velosity a higher rpm can get to a point where it becomes very inefficient at heat transfer. You can also get to where, at high rpm the temp gauge will show a cold reading and the engine is actually overheating. Mostly in endurance racing. (Look at NASCAR they run a "flow restrictor" not a 'stat)
2 An electric water pump fows a given GPM. This is built into the windings on the pump motor and is designed for optimum heat transfer. This setup is great due to the GPM and speed of the pump not being rpm dependant.
3 OEMs have to look at emissions and a hotter motor runs cleaner. Thus the EGR valves, 'stat and coolant lines into a throttle body.
4 If the coolant flow is not controlled cavitation WILL start and you can kill the shaft and or impeller on the water pump.

Running without one on a street car at street RPM will probabily (sp?) be ok BUT with such a beautiful car why risk it? I would throw in a 160 and be done with it. Jon Hanson

Wanna trade that 69 for a GN?

:eek:

that 69 is soo sweet it Makes me want to go kick my car.

:tongue:

I just bought a old car "69 Camaro" and man this thing takes a while to get warmed up and going!
Awesome. Congrats on the new purchase. Mine also takes awhile to get to temp, of course mine has NO choke (for now)...:eek: So it doesn't like the cold much.
Looks great.

What are you planning on doing to it?

Replacing the 1/4 glass to window gaskets.
Getting new fog light covers.
Full tune up.
Getting rid of the "cassette player"!
LED taillights and HID headlights.

Having fun cruising around and stayingout of trouble. Which shouldn't be too hard!

Nice car, reminds of the 69 my brother had, same color combo, 350 4 speed. Was originally suppose to be Hugger Orange 327 4 speed car. Wish I had the money when he sold it.