Why Are HotAir Cars Slow?

I happen to know a good tranny guy.........

Jamie. have you ordered a 4 inch bore alum block yet? :)

Not unless you're buying, besides I've accomplished all I've done on stock block, stock rod and crank. I don't need an aluminum block to go fast, I'll just stick with what I have for now. But Thanks for thinking of me. LOL

I think the HA cars can give the IC guys a run for money......

I've felt the same way for years.... Now to get it to go a bit faster in 2010 is the next goal.

I think E-85 is a real plus for our cars, no denotation, you can run more boost and it's a lot cheaper then race fuel. You just need to be able to push volumn, which I can dual fuel pumps and upgraded fuel rails. Went with a 120# injectors just for the sheer fact I can still add another 130 horse before running out of injector. The cooling effect is there and the car responds nicely. I have the tune set and even had it tuned with the 120# injectors for 110 if E 85 is not available. What we saw was the car does not denotate and I was running out of octane on 110 at about 25#'s of boost, with E 85 I continued to make horse power. A lot of myths had a lot of people confused but there are a lot of buicks going E 85 and having great results. Hope to post more here shortly.

That EXTRA 130 hp should push you really close to 10.00-9.99. My dollar is on you and Karl, busting the first HA 9.99:) in 2013. E85 is the new thing that has changed the game. Reducing the current 10.46 by .40 -.50 with 3.8 factory HA block is mind boggling.. :)

I will be impressed if it lives very long in the 10.0-9.90 range with the stock bottom end.

That EXTRA 130 hp should push you really close to 10.00-9.99. My dollar is on you and Karl, busting the first HA 9.99:) in 2013. E85 is the new thing that has changed the game. Reducing the current 10.46 by .40 -.50 with 3.8 factory HA block is mind boggling.. :)
Now just to find that extra horse power... That's an old post for sure. LOL

You have pushed the HA 3.8 envelope further than anyone thought... Even the imfamous leeo:p. You and Karl are truly a class act. I have seen the car at Bowling Green, but never have a chance to personally meet you guys. One of these day I will... If you ever put the car on a diet: fiberglass hood, deck lid, bumpers and aluminum heads. The weight reduction should get you very close with no changes. Extra 5-7Lbs of Boost on E85 should push you well into the Nines...... You and Karl are truly "Fast with Class":)

do they make studded drag radials for winter drag racing......

mmmm aluminum heads and fiberglass mighty tasty:)

Just to clarify since someone seems so concerned, I have always ran billet center caps and a girdle on my motors, thus the bottom end has been beefed up a bit. I agree a diet would be nice since the car still comes in around 3725-3735 with a full tank of gas. I know that adds weight but I think it also helps with traction. Studded drag radials would be cool, however I need the transmission first. LOL I would love to run fiberglass and lighten it up but then I wouldn't fit into the THS class either. If we would just go to bracket racing and forget the different break downs and just aim for a number then it wouldn't matter.

Just to clarify since someone seems so concerned, I have always ran billet center caps and a girdle on my motors, thus the bottom end has been beefed up a bit.

If they're concerned they must be scared :) Be careful with the stock rods at that hp level. I know of more than one engine that bent the rods running high 9's at TSM weight let alone at your weight.