why are gn's worth more than Ts??

actually classic cars are a good investment if you're careful. the one guy sold the million dollar chevelle for $92,000 more than what he paid for it. not sure for how long he had it but if it was a year, that is almost a 10% return on his investment. not bad for having fun with a nice car.

I agree. The last few cars I sold I made money on. Any investment has risk involved. My neighbor has an original 1970 Boss 429 that has close to doubled in value since he bought it. Not bad.

Really the only time a classic car would be an investment is if you've held onto it long enough to where the price of it went up due to supply and demand. Case in point, my dad bought a 4 speed manual 68 Camaro SS in '83 for $1500 running a driving, but needed body work and interior. Same car today in same shape would sell for $6k easy.

And I'm not sure how much he invested in the resto but I'm sure he could make out on it well since he's had it all these years.

the cars that are really bringing in the money is the old mopar muscle cars. MY bossman is a very big mopar muscle car collector. he has @ least 16-18 mopar muscle cars ranging from superbirds to road chickens.

Got a question for you on that one sir... My brother had a 78 Regal with T tops and a 305 Chevy. He got it from the original California owner who bought it from a local dealer. It was factory original. Are you saying this car was made in Canada and sold in the US or that they weren't available in the US in this configuration at all?
Just curious and I have much respect for you. YOu have a ton of knowledge about the early GM's.

Without documentation I cant say what your brother had. Regals sold in Canada have the 305. I cant find anything that says Regals were built in Canada. Other G-bodies were assembled at Ontario so I guess it's possible that Regals could have been built there too. All I've seen from Canada are GrandPrixs,Bonnevilles and Cutlasses. They are easy to spot from the VIN. USA assembled cars start with the number 1. Canada assembled cars start with the number 2. And if you have a 84-87 ElCamino than it was assembled in Mexico and starts with the number 3.

FWIW even though I'm down here far from the Great White North I find Canada cars in the boneyards all of the time. The big tip off is the Kilometer only speedo. When I see a Cutlass or Regal with a SBC than I check for the speedo. If I dont see the speedo than I look for a Z49 option code along with the LG4 code on the SPID label. Ive seen a lot of SBCs in cars that didn't roll off the assembly line with them anyway.:mad: