why am i not blowing the tires off ?

from my experince a stock style combo will not rip tires at will with bigger tires and without a really good tune,don't expect to burn rubber at 40 mph with what you have

the spool is too slow w/ the current stall ( around 1600 rpms ) to about 2500 rpm. then the boost kicks up to to about 14psi as you see in my vid pretty quick. This stock 200 converter no question is holding it back. I know for sure that with a 2500 stall convert & up the boost to 17 this this will smoke em' . No i don't expect to spin at 40mph, more like 20-30

I have my stock 106k mile converter I could send your way. Not sure how much shipping would be, its a heavy mofo.

i pulled out my stock convertor for a art carr 9.5" w/ 3000 stall speed & it felt like i added 100hp to the car, but yes it was a little pricey! But smokin em deffinately isnt an issue & im turning 295-50's

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

my current setup is not only stalling around 1800 , but it's shifting ( should spell it as shiting ) at 3100 at WOT! no issue though when shifting manually but who knows how long that will last. I think i'll change the converter & gov and hope for the best !

Buy some old dry rotted tires
Shit they'll spin at 90. Lol :D

Just a joke.

from my experince a stock style combo will not rip tires at will with bigger tires and without a really good tune,don't expect to burn rubber at 40 mph with what you have
at 16psi ...Ditto..

ks

Is it just me or does it look like you are running a bit lean? I would put in the known good pump and hotwire sooner rather than later. I could not run knock free at 12 psi without pump and hotwire.
Keep up the good work and good luck,
Joel

I should have the new converter & governor in this week. My FP gauge is showing about 58-59psi through the entire run at 14lbs so my pumps ok. Once i get the car back on the road , i'll most likely play with the chip's Fueling to get my O2's higher.

in looking at your video looms like you are leaving at 2 to 3 pounds?

my car breaks free at about 5+

at strip i can leave with no more than 3-4 prior to mashing throtle

you may just not be building enough boost

i would go no further with stock pump
you are asking for trouble

joel

the stock converter will stall higher, but the stock converters have a (deliberately) low Stall/Torque ratio (torque multiplication). So the boost will come up faster when you
get the correct converter in there, but its not going to be a tire-fryer without brake-torquing it.

When you switch to something like a 10" lockup, or the so-called 9-11 (really a 10-12) you get a bunch more torque multiplication in the midrange. Then what happens is you squeeze the throttle in 2nd gear and the car goes sideways as the boost peaks...

the car is not necessarily faster this way, but certainly fun to drive.

Bob

Before i bought the car, i did test drive it but i didn't beat on it since the owner was sitting next to me. He told me that he never raced it or abused it and it felt fine when the boost came in. He thought the 235/60 BFG's it has really limited wheelspin (LOL). I had no thoughts of the short shifting & tight converter it had since it had a nice push in the back under boost. I could not pass up the deal anyway. There was no way i was not going to buy it. It wasn't until i played with it , brake torquing only to find that it only chirped off the line brake torqing to about 2 psi. Then i installed the Tach and it told me everything i needed know. 1500-1600 stall & notice how much lag there is in the Vid because of it. I manually shifted the car at 5k RPM in the Vid. The advertised stall i'm putting in is 2400-2800 RPM. yes I want to have some fun but I don't expect to spin the wheels at 40MPH. If it does do that, I'll just have to put some real tires back there. I'm torn on changing the FP. The previous owner has no idea if the pump has ever been updated. I have receipts that show a new tank was installed "with customer fuel pump" written on it but he could not confirm if it was an aftermarket unit. Its definatley not Hotwired. Once i get the car back on the road with the Tranny Mods, i'll be looking forward to the next steps