Who's running HD rocker shafts and how are they holding up?

Amelio

This past weekend I broke another rocker shaft (stock) I am running a 210/215 roller with the comp behive springs. I knew when I did this cam I would have a rocker shaft issue with the higher spring rate and more rpm.

I broke the first one a few months ago but that was due to the nut on the stud backing off.....I pulled the studs out and went back to the stock bolts. The shaft I broke this past weekend was just due to me playing on the street....fortunately I had one extra stock shaft so it was a 20 minute fix.

I would like to get a set of T&D rollers with the solid shafts but money is the issue........

So I was thinking of getting a set of HD shafts from TA and possibly a set of the braces from RJC, anyone useing this setup and not have any issues?

The price point for this setup is something I can handle right now so thats what I am looking at, I would just like to hear from some of you guys that have been using them with success.

I broke a solid shaft. Never had a problem with the TA HD's though. I also used the stud kit, and the RJC braces. I was turned on the the HD's from another member who had broken many shafts, but hasn't had a problem with the HD's either.

I broke a solid shaft. Never had a problem with the TA HD's though. I also used the stud kit, and the RJC braces. I was turned on the the HD's from another member who had broken many shafts, but hasn't had a problem with the HD's either.

wow!!!!! how did you break a solid shaft....what went wrong?

I saw no reason for it to fail so I have no idea. All I could think of is that the non-solid shafts are made better or from better steel, or that the non-solid shafts have a little bit of give that was needed at the time mine gave out. Sometimes parts with no give fail. All I know is I didn't want to go back with what failed me :cool:

been running HD shafts i got from nick micale at arizonagn.com they work awsome and never had a issue. im also running the rjc bracing on top of them since i had them before i went to the HD shaft.

now im breaking rocker arms :mad:

time to go roller rockers

Been using HD shafts and stock rocker shaft bolts for over 3 years. It wasn't until a couple months ago I finally broke a rocker shaft bolt just sitting at a stoplight....didn't do any damage to the HD shafts though.

I'm not running the RJC braces either, but I might upgrade to the studs.

I've had the T/A HD shafts and RJC girdles on a Comp 215°/210° roller since '03 and have buzzed it to 6500 several times w/o incident...

Thanks for the info.......as I mentioned due to the price point I think I will go with the HD shafts and braces......I already have a set of studs if I wanna use those too.