Who's ready for some 3800 power?!

Brian, are you having it dyno tuned or tuning on the track? The flange cleaned up nice!

That flange took 30 min on belt sander! Sucked but cleaned up good. Thanks. I'll have the hptuner pro soon. So I'll turn of some things egr, 2 o2's and a few other things.
It will have a wideband so I'll start to get the tune close. I want the most out of the engine. Being safe
I'll have it on the dyno before racing it. Should fly.

Ok when can I drop my T off.[/QUOTE

Next week Lonnie !;) Thinking about coating the headers and dp.
Should have the car running in a week or two. Then we will see how much interest in making some of the parts. Hopefully it's positive.

Have you decided if your running speed density or MAF?

One issue I ran into on my L67 swapped firebird with the NA ECM is that it doesnt have the ability to run the 2 BAR map. Because of that im just running the MAF. I havnt maxed out the MAF yet but im only running 6PSI out of an M90 with cam and headers.

I'm running a northstar maf and I'll be messing with the ve tables with the hp tuner. It will work. Couple people told me I could tune anything on the PCM with the hp tuner. I'll have to get some more info.

I'm running a northstar maf and I'll be messing with the ve tables with the hp tuner. It will work. Couple people told me I could tune anything on the PCM with the hp tuner. I'll have to get some more info.
What model year did you pull the engine and ECM/PCM out of?

PCM is a cable 1998 . I know the PCM doesn't look at the maf sensor unless the maf is bad. I know the PCM only registers 511 gram/ sec. I could have swore I read hpt made everything .

Last edited:
PCM is a cable 1998 . I know the PCM doesn't look at the maf sensor unless the maf is bad. I know the PCM only registers 511 gram/ sec. I could have swore I read hpt made everything usable .
I was just curious. Best of luck, I love projects like this.

if your going to run narrowband and wideband in them bungs at the same time ide move one bung before you go coating the dump pipe they dont like one sensor inline with the other it really messes with the readings

I can't wait to see more!

I understand this build is to use as much from the LC2 as possible.

But what can be achieved with the stock fbody assembly?

Like accessories, harness, ECM, tranny? I'm sorry to not be exactly on topic. I suppose not many people have done the swap so maybe no one knows yet.

Thanks, awesome work!

This build is everything you mentioned but the accessories. To see that set up just look back at the 3800gn thread.

Have you decided if your running speed density or MAF?

One issue I ran into on my L67 swapped firebird with the NA ECM is that it doesnt have the ability to run the 2 BAR map. Because of that im just running the MAF. I havnt maxed out the MAF yet but im only running 6PSI out of an M90 with cam and headers.

I just talked to john at intense and with a hptuner along with "tiny tuner" tables you can rescale your map tables to extend to read a 3bar map. So I'll def be running speed density. So getting around the one bar is no prob , these days.

The Headers are all coated and will hopefully be picked up hopefully next monday! so Ill have more pics with a final installation.:)

The Headers are all coated and will hopefully be picked up hopefully next monday! so Ill have more pics with a final installation.:)
The wait is killing me. Also I may be buying a 2007 Ponitac Grand Prix GT (super charged). If it drives good, it's either that or a 2014 Chevy Cruise. My s10 is getting old.

haven't gone through all of the Series II threads yet but what are yall doing about the upper intake? I had a grand prix in high school that blew two engines due to coolant getting in the cylinders. The upper manifolds like to crack and leak coolant down into the engine.

haven't gone through all of the Series II threads yet but what are yall doing about the upper intake? I had a grand prix in high school that blew two engines due to coolant getting in the cylinders. The upper manifolds like to crack and leak coolant down into the engine.

L26 s3 aluminum intake

I can't wait to see this car in real life. Sounds bad ass. When you get her running we'll have to have a get together at Santa Fe flats so you and Cam can show off your workmanship!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for me seeing grand nationals at shows is very boring to me. They're all the same color, they all have the same exact looking turbo setup. Think about that...

Then again I don't have the love of these turbo buicks yet because my car has only been a project car so far, it never ran right since I owned it, I havent owned it long. Now I'm working on the body and I need to put in patch panels, so it will be awhile before I get to see what all the fuss is about.

I think instead of dealing with the headaches these cars come with I might just swap in the series 2 3800 and go from there. I plan to put the turbo on the driverside some how because I'm literally so tired of the same looking engine bay all these cars have.
your car doesnt run right because it has tons of things not right with it, swapping motors because it never "ran right" is cheatings yourself, once you ride in a buick that runs healthy, you will be addicted, ive seen people at the track running mid 14's, and people help them get there odds and ends together, and the car runs low 12's, high 11's, the engines arnt "headaches" unless your trying to gain 3 times the factory hp out of them, gn's are far from boring, no two buicks run alike.

For everyone waiting for pics ,the headers turned out great from the coaters( bright silver). But the Down pipe was done in the wrong color. Go figure. should have it back by the weekend for the install. Need this thing rolling!

Some pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 330
  • image.jpg