Who's GN ay WBDS on 3/6 T&T session?

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
I was at Woodburn DS and saw an 87 GN with a red stripe down the side. Had OR plate 1quik6 or something like that. Nice and clean and made several 11.4x passes that I saw. Good looking car. Meant to stop bye but was really busy trying to work the bugs out of my 78 Malibu. I ended up making at 10.11 @ 132 pass.

Woodburn 3/6/10

That be me.:cool:

R/T ... .071
60' ... 1.767
330 ... 4.823
1/8 ... 7.390
MPH ... 95.96
1000 ... 9.606
1/4 ... 11.477
MPH ... 120.28

What a beautiful day, huh? Just getn-er dialed in. Lots of room for improvements. Ran just 1/8 mile all last year at PIR, got bumped from the track twice for no roll bar. Have a RB now so ready to crank it up.

Sorry I missed you. Would have been fun to talk. Ed was there with his LC2 powered Hurst Olds. Turned a smokin 124 MPH

I was the one who walked past your car and pointed at you, and waved, later in the day. I wanted to stop and talk but I was in a hurry to get back to my pit as my crew found my crank pulley out in the field after I tossed it. Bad design...We're doing a custom fab job now.

I saw the other olds 442 with LC2 power, or whatever it was. Wish I had more time to visit with you guys, as I don't usually get up north from Champion Raceway.

I did get to watch a couple of your passes and I have to say you made them look clean, simple and strong. Good job. Did you see my car out there?

malibusignature.jpg

Woodburn

Yeah, I remember you. I thought "who's that guy, must know about GNs". Didn't do much spectatin', missed seeing your Malibu. Looks like a beauty from the pic though, and 10.11, wow! What powers it? Had another friend with me that's a Chevy guy, he'd of loved to see it. Maybe we'll cross paths again later this year. Where and when do you usually race?

Cliff, I'm mostly at Champion Raceway outside Medford. I came up for the season opener since the weather was looking good and our track isn't open til 4/16.

Malibu has a little 454 in it. Nuttin special.

I did enjoy a couple of your passes, and you certainly give the GN's a good name. I like your laptop stand. What are you using??

Woodburn

Sean,
Using Powerlogger, stand is homemade w/1/2" water pipe and a piece of plastic. Ah.....pushin 9's with a "454, nuttin special"...right! Do love that body style. Keep in touch.
Cliff