Who to use besides Racetronix?

there a lots of Racetronix dealers out there that answer the phone, have qualified tech support and know how to install the products. What confuses me is why customers dont use them if this is so important to them ?

Maybe they just don't know? Or think a dealer may be more than going directly to the source?

Maybe they just don't know? Or think a dealer may be more than going directly to the source?
considering
the dealer list is on the racetronix website, the parts are on our website and other vendors as well too. We all sell the parts for the same price and in some cases it is actually cheaper to buy from someone in the USA because of international shipping. I guess my point is I read this and have to shake my head because there are easy options out there that address the situation here 100% but people chose not to use them and expect someone to change the way they chose to do business because they don't like it. Sorry for jumping in, rant over.

Hey the rant is cool, I have never used this vendor nor have I been to their website but just from what I have read in this thread they seem somewhat difficult to deal with when there is a problem.

I will say I do think that most people think they will get a better deal going straight to the source taking out the middle man if you will. This is not always true though as I have found, I purchased some rims from a dealer that had to go to the maker to have them made (not already on the shelf). When I went directly to the maker they were higher to my surprise, the dealer was cheaper. I thought that was kind of odd.

I would have thought ''Make sure your arm isn't 180* out. It should look like this...." would have been less trouble than typing out all those rants just to blast the end user.

then again, what do I know?

Last edited:
Mike when did you start selling the dual purple pumps? When i bought thr entire kit, lines, and 160's, I tried to find a vendor with no luck. This isnt the first time we've had trouble with racetronix and I specifically went out of my way to try to find other options. When I bought this, the line kits were jyst changed to the new style and I had a wait time so they could produce them. Had i known you had them in stock, I wpuld have bought from you and saved the wait period.

As long as the supporting vendors checks clear the TurboBuick bank, we can all go pound sand it seems.

Weird when I bought my DP hanger from them it was mostly assembled already..... Has anyone solved the how to convert the standard hanger to use AN fittings and the Racetronix line kit.... For those that bought the stock style DP sender before the line kit came out?

Weird when I bought my DP hanger from them it was mostly assembled already..... Has anyone solved the how to convert the standard hanger to use AN fittings and the Racetronix line kit.... For those that bought the stock style DP sender before the line kit came out?

We had to just braze AN fittings onto the hanger.

We have had them for over a year now, and it is somewhat common for a dealer to be a few dollars cheaper on some items. Typically the manufacturer will be the highest price to allow the dealers to make a profit and keep buying parts.

I love their stuff, so I use it. While I don't care for the delivery, he makes some very valid points. It's never been a secret that they have very limited support, if that is an important aspect of a vendor relation to you, shop elsewhere.

I don't agree with how they handle their customer service, but I know that going in. I had a derp issue myself with them (kinda) and the communication was fast and complete.

That being said - Posting or including some PDF/printed instructions would be nice. :D

Last edited:
I just ordered the DP from Mike and this is kind of scary, no instructions? Usually a FP is a drop in replacement with the hanger. My fear is setting up the hobbs switch.

I just ordered the DP from Mike and this is kind of scary, no instructions? Usually a FP is a drop in replacement with the hanger. My fear is setting up the hobbs switch.

I don't know that there's much competition for many of their products.

There's tons of help and history here - some careful searching should answer any questions you have.

I don't know that there's much competition for many of their products.

There's tons of help and history here - some careful searching should answer any questions you have.
Mike is pretty helpful, I hate messing with fuel systems. At least E85 doesn't stink up your hands and clothes as bad as gas

Mike is pretty helpful, I hate messing with fuel systems. At least E85 doesn't stink up your hands and clothes as bad as gas
It smells pretty bad, and it will take the magnetic strip off of your credit cards. Ask me how I know! Grrr!

After reviewing the kit, registering with Racetronix and reviewing their related posts along with helpful pointers from Mike Licht, it seems like a pretty easy install. I like documentation to review and plan what you are going to do so you do it correctly the first time and eliminate and possible surprises. I still have not installed it as there was some family things that popped up and I had 3/4 of a tank to burn off. Luckily, I was able to reduce the fuel in the tank to 1/4 or less(hard to tell with the TRs sender having bipolar). I am hoping to attempt it this week.